Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Custom color

Votes: 6 33.3%
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, IWC Pilot Spitfire, Sinn EZM 10
5,043 Posts
Blue is my favorite color in the spectrum, but against a black dial the contrast is too low for my old eyes.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I just ordered a LHV with 12 hour bezel and a blue minute counter. I switched to sword hands too.

My thinking is that leaving the second hand white will balance visually a bit more with the hands stowed at 12 O'clock.

I ordered from WatchMann with a 6-8 week delivery period.

I am very excited as I am left handed, and I don't like date complications because I cross the date line frequently while working. It is always a hassle to set the date. The DC80 is a purist's tool.

I changed my mind and switched to orange. 👍

·
Registered
37 Posts
Seen one in red on Facebook... looked gorgeous. Mine will be probably green on black damest, being highly influenced by the Damasko picture with aurora borealis... or the black/white panda with sword hands (customised) .

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have my doubts if it’s either possible or desirable. And isn’t the lug-to-lug more important than the diameter?

·
Premium Member
5,043 Posts
Any idea if Damasko will make a smaller (40mm) version? Is it even possible with the movement?
Doubtful there is enough demand for a smaller case to merit the cost of re-tooling.

A 7750 movement has a diameter of 30mm (Damasko modified a 7750 movement). Therefore I assume a smaller case is a physical possibility. The smallest case I have seen with a 7750 movement is the Hamilton Linwood at 38mm. Proportions make it look like a miniature hockey puck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have my doubts if it’s either possible or desirable. And isn’t the lug-to-lug more important than the diameter?
I think both are about equally important. Lug width can actually make a watch appear bigger too. Take the 36mm Rolex Explorer, for example. The large (for its size) 20mm lug width along with its bezel-free design makes it look like a 38-40mm watch.

Doubtful there is enough demand for a smaller case to merit the cost of re-tooling.

A 7750 movement has a diameter of 30mm (Damasko modified a 7750 movement). Therefore I assume a smaller case is a physical possibility. The smallest case I have seen with a 7750 movement is the Hamilton Linwood at 38mm. Proportions make it look like a miniature hockey puck.
Actually I think there might be sufficient demand. Look at the success of the Sinn U50. It's 40mm and selling like hotcakes.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Agreed, I’d be very interested in a slightly reduced version and the only thing holding me back from the current model is the size. And I did purchase a U-50 and love it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm definitely looking at smaller watches these days, specifically sub 40mm. Damasko's design is just so legible and bold, I think it lends itself to small pieces even better than most brands.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Not a DC80, but a Custom ordered DC86 in Yellow

·
Registered
480 Posts
I guess we’re all different — otherwise WUS would be boring — but I wouldn’t buy anything under 40mm. And 42mm seems reasonable for this type of watch.

But I love that yellow secondhand! It’s a suave splash of colour.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I think I will order the left handed DC80 with orange accents later this year. I waited for the DC86 for so long, but the left h anded option is unique

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,043 Posts
I think I will order the left handed DC80 with orange accents later this year. I waited for the DC86 for so long, but the left h anded option is unique

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
Too bad printing dials isn’t cheap and easy (I presume). It would be nice to have the option for LHD across the DC8x model line!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts