WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took a while to get this one, but I'm pretty sure that I ended up getting what I wanted. At least as much as any WIS can ever claim...

I ordered it through WatchMann, and I am happy with the service I received as I did change my mind about the hands. Greg was patient with me.

First of all, I am left handed so, I was really excited to see Damasko offer a LHV. I hate having to take my watch off to set the time. I did not want a date either because I time zone hop constantly with my job. I want to land somewhere and simply set the new time. I also find a 12 hour bezel more useful, and I have no problem using it as a minute counter as well.

My goal was to hide the minute counter behind the white second hand while parked at 12 O'clock so that it would blend in with the white cross hairs on the dial. I think I accomplished this. The orange minute hand definitely was the right choice for legibility. The strap is nice and a bit more flexible than the Sinn strap on my EZM 10. I am going to wear it for a while to see before making any changes. It would have been nice to have drilled lugs, but it is not the end of the world.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I concur that the 1-11 bezel is so much more useful. You just multiply by 5 to get the minute count and have a very easy 2nd time zone otherwise. I love your style. I have always wondered if Damasko would replace this fine tooth bezel with the squared groove bezel instead.

Love the look of the DC80.

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Congrats on your DC80 LHV. And, thanks for providing your initial impressions and pics — it truly is stunning. Have fun with your new Damasko chronograph.

·
Premium Member
5,058 Posts
Congrats! Glad that you got exactly what you wanted and Damasko was able to provide it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Congratulations!

I am so fond of Damasko. The level of tweaking is amazing and I think it's supercool that we can tweak so much. For example, I love my 5-55 minute counter instead of the hour counter. To each his own and that's exactly the point.

Loving it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts