WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I am from Germany, and I have a colleague who is going to spend a few weeks in the USA, i.e. in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco.

He would be willing to visit a watch dealer and eventually purchase a watch for me, as long as it would not cost him too much efforts to reach this dealer or shop.

The brands I am interested in are Seiko, Citizen, Orient, ... especially models which are not available in Europe (such as a SEIKO Spirit for instance).

Can you guys recommend me a serious and reputable dealer or shop in LA, Las Vegas or San Francisco (and maybe also tell me his web site/online shop)?

I would appreciate any reply which would help me to let my colleague spend some money for me... ;-)

Cheers,
Markus

PS: Of course my colleague will show his/my purchase to the customs and also will pay import turnover taxes - means no shady business!

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Re: Dealer in LA, Las Vegas or San Fransisco?

You might want to post this in the "Seiko, Citizen, & Orient" forum further down. I'm sure you'll get more responses.

I will tell you this: You might be out of luck, especially with Seiko. If a certain Seiko you are after is not sold in Europe, it probably won't be sold in the U.S. I know for sure you won't be able to find a Seiko Spirit in the U.S. Those are only sold in Japan. You can find the Spirit on the web at Seiya Japan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Dealer in LA, Las Vegas or San Fransisco?

Thanks for your comment.

Will I have to post in "Seiko, Citizen, & Orient" again, or can a mod move this thread to there?

Markus

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
they have a seiko outlet store at the outlet mall off the strip in las vegas . they had 50 to 75 percent off when i was there 3 weeks ago. also had a movado outlet there to. here is the location
Las Vegas Premium Outlets
875 South Grand Central Parkway
Las Vegas, NV 89106

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
You can maybe purchase an Orient from the website and have it shipped to your hotel. The Tourneau in Caesars Palace has Seiko and Citizen, as well as the Macy's in Fashion Show Mall a block away north on the Strip. There's also a watch store in Planet Hollywood, that carries Seiko and other brands. Its across from Le occitane and the Body Shop.

·
Registered
23,402 Posts
In LA;Tourneau, in Las Vegas; Tourneau, in San Fran; Tourneau. They have locations all over the country and they sell all variety of watches including pre-owned, watches from Swatch to Patek Phillipe and then some. I got a chance to visit their newest store at Ceaser's Palace, the Forum shops in Las Vegas, suffice to say, it was very impressive~cheers! ;-)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
But if you're looking for a better discount with nicer and much much more knowledgeable sales staff, go right across from Tourneau in Caesars to Roman Times!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
But if you're looking for a better discount with nicer and much much more knowledgeable sales staff, go right across from Tourneau in Caesars to Roman Times!
Although I have a cool salesman at the Time Dome now and am not afraid of Tourneau anymore (discounts from an almost-WIS salesperson), I have to agree that Roman Times also has a good selection, willingness to deal and good salesmen (I did say salesMEN for a reason, and it has nothing to do with sexism).

After you're done at the watch shops, stop by the cigar bar and have a stogie with me, I'm there often.

-s-

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi all,

I am from Germany, and I have a colleague who is going to spend a few weeks in the USA, i.e. in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco.

He would be willing to visit a watch dealer and eventually purchase a watch for me, as long as it would not cost him too much efforts to reach this dealer or shop.

The brands I am interested in are Seiko, Citizen, Orient, ... especially models which are not available in Europe (such as a SEIKO Spirit for instance).

Can you guys recommend me a serious and reputable dealer or shop in LA, Las Vegas or San Francisco (and maybe also tell me his web site/online shop)?

I would appreciate any reply which would help me to let my colleague spend some money for me... ;-)

Cheers,
Markus

PS: Of course my colleague will show his/my purchase to the customs and also will pay import turnover taxes - means no shady business!

Have you tried http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/Watch Sales Table.htm

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Although I have a cool salesman at the Time Dome now and am not afraid of Tourneau anymore (discounts from an almost-WIS salesperson), I have to agree that Roman Times also has a good selection, willingness to deal and good salesmen (I did say salesMEN for a reason, and it has nothing to do with sexism).

After you're done at the watch shops, stop by the cigar bar and have a stogie with me, I'm there often.

-s-
I picked up an opus X at the funte cigar bar a few weeks ago when i was there last, hope to fly back in november to have some more fun!!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I picked up an opus X at the funte cigar bar a few weeks ago when i was there last, hope to fly back in november to have some more fun!!
A fine choice, I like the corona and robusto sizes.

And to go slightly back on topic: in the SF Bay Area the place to get a Seiko Spring Drive is Jackson Square Jewelry, they are about 15-20 minutes from SFO. If he's looking for that kind of model.

-s-

·
Registered
38,827 Posts
Tourneau doesn't sell the Swatch brand.
In LA;Tourneau, in Las Vegas; Tourneau, in San Fran; Tourneau. They have locations all over the country and they sell all variety of watches including pre-owned, watches from Swatch to Patek Phillipe and then some. I got a chance to visit their newest store at Ceaser's Palace, the Forum shops in Las Vegas, suffice to say, it was very impressive~cheers! ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts