WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been waiting for a few years to buy my first orange dial diver.
Looking through the website seiko diver finder which id encourage all of you to check it, its clear the many variants of the orange monster were some of Seikos biggest sellers.
Taking this in mind i can seriously see Seiko releasing an orange turtle, well im trying to will it to happen haha

Seiko if you are reading, this is what im suggesting.

Orange dial, a slightly deeper shade of orange.

Hour and minute hands both with BLACK boarders so it stands right out, if not black go with silver, definitely not gold like the SKX orange model, thats not a great look imo.

Seconds hand could be black, silver or both like some currently are.

Black or silver trim on the applied indices.

Black Bezel

Black seiko logo and writing

Who would buy one? id buy one for my first orange diver for sure and i can feel it in my loins that its coming soon, c'mon Seiko, don't disappoint!

Any other ideas for colours for the new turtles? Or if you were to design an Orange turtle what would you like it to look like?
cheers

·
Registered
8,934 Posts
I don't think Seiko cares about us, but if it would be possible to get a contact I think it would be a good idea to ask if it's possible to get a WUS limited edition, possibly orange.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Reactions: Cobia

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some have already wished for that. There's a pretty good mockup floating about, should be in the main turtle thread.

If Seiko Thailand gets to it first, it might end up like the LE Zimbe Turtle (1299pcs). Gorgeous/cool variant but out of reach for most.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/seiko-zimbe-turtle-srpa19-any-owners-out-there-3490138.html
To be honest mate im not too keen on this Zimbi model, i think they have really missed the mark here and the cyclops is nasty imo, but each to their own.

I wouldn't pay extra for an orange one, nor do i think they would make it a limited edition, orange is too much a good seller for them, lets hope they just put a standard edition orange out.

·
Premium Member
64,752 Posts
TBH I'm a real sucker for orange watches but you've just frightened my wallet to death. It's still not got over the PADI and there you are talking about orange Turtles. :-d

·
Registered
11,954 Posts
A modded SKX011 is probably about as close as you could get for now.

You could even take it a step further and put a 4R36 in there.

Also, I believe SKX dials will fit the Turtle. So you could source any number of orange Seiko dials (SKX011, SRP283, Monster, Yobokies, Dagaz, etc…). And I think there is somebody offering brushed steel chapter rings for the Turtle. Otherwise, just use a stock black chapter ring.

But if Seiko does do an Orange Turtle, I really hope it's not a limited edition.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
...lets hope they just put a standard edition orange out.
That's my hope too! But I'm just being realistic as the odds of that happening just feels low, as it feels like they've not put out an orange dial in any of their recent divers. Seem to have skipped orange for everything released last year? I could be wrong though. What's the most recently released orange dialled diver you remember?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ive been waiting for a few years to buy my first orange dial diver.
Looking through the website seiko diver finder which id encourage all of you to check it, its clear the many variants of the orange monster were some of Seikos biggest sellers.
Taking this in mind i can seriously see Seiko releasing an orange turtle, well im trying to will it to happen haha

Seiko if you are reading, this is what im suggesting.

Orange dial, a slightly deeper shade of orange.

Hour and minute hands both with BLACK boarders so it stands right out, if not black go with silver, definitely not gold like the SKX orange model, thats not a great look imo.

Seconds hand could be black, silver or both like some currently are.

Black or silver trim on the applied indices.

Black Bezel

Black seiko logo and writing

Who would buy one? id buy one for my first orange diver for sure and i can feel it in my loins that its coming soon, c'mon Seiko, don't disappoint!

Any other ideas for colours for the new turtles? Or if you were to design an Orange turtle what would you like it to look like?
cheers
There was a previous thread about this, where I threw up a couple quick & dirty mockups: https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/i-kn...e-out-orange-turtle-3326674.html#post30683426

I want one. And have been keeping my eyes open for former orange Seikos to borrow a dial from.

·
Registered
316 Posts
An orange turtle --- a tortle? --- is such an obvious thing to do that Seiko will very likely do it, if the other turtles are selling well enough.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
I would buy both a yellow and orange dial.

Seiko really does a great shade of orange on their divers.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
6,728 Posts
I'm in for a orange dial & blasted/matte DLC case...no shinny black

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
I wouldn't wait on Seiko to make one (though i guarantee shortly after someone does mod one, Seiko will reveal their own), IMO find a suitable Orange Diver dial (stargate, monster, 'mohawk', etc) and mod one up!

it's the quickest way and at least you'd know you'd have the only one just like it haha

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wouldn't wait on Seiko to make one (though i guarantee shortly after someone does mod one, Seiko will reveal their own), IMO find a suitable Orange Diver dial (stargate, monster, 'mohawk', etc) and mod one up!

it's the quickest way and at least you'd know you'd have the only one just like it haha
Good idea on the mod call, i might have to do that but im almost certain Seiko will make one, Seiko have made i think about 50 orange divers over the years, i was checking out seiko watch finder and was blown away at all the orange models thats been released over the years, they must be very popular, i know the orange monsters have been a huge hit for them, so im hoping one will be coming sooner than later.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts