WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!!

I'm really stuck on these two watches, i do not know which one i like more:think:

This will be my first g shock watch to own, and im pretty damn excited about it lol

what do you guys think? is the ga120-1a harder to read? because the digi backround is black?? thats my main concern

opinion??

·
Registered
204 Posts
ga-100 its my choice of ana digis:
DSCN5372.JPG

Negative display its harder to read than a positive, honesty, negative dont bother me at all, its up to you.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
The ridiculous short hands on the GA-120 look totally out of place for such a monstrous case. I really can't warm up with any of the new ana-digis, but if I had to go with one, the GA-100 would be it.

cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea thats what i was contemplating about, the negative/positive on the watch

thanks guys!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I prefer the ga100 for looks. I have heard many say that the red hour hand is not easily visible in low light though. The negative on the 120 makes the hands more visible at a glance. I went with the all black as seen in shockermans pic ga100 as the white hands stand out but then i dont really use the digital much.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I prefer the ga100 for looks. I have heard many say that the red hour hand is not easily visible in low light though. The negative on the 120 makes the hands more visible at a glance. I went with the all black as seen in shockermans pic ga100 as the white hands stand out but then i dont really use the digital much.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I like the look of the 100 far more. It is a cleaner look in my opinion. The digital displays on the 100 are much easier to read.

I completely agree, though, that the red hour hands virtually disappear at night and the LED does not successfully illuminate the red. A silly design flaw. B

·
Registered
152 Posts
I like the negative display better. if you can read the hands (which you can, I have a couple 100's and a 120.) than go for the stealth look!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The negative displays on the GA120-1A is hard to look at given the lighting conditions are bad and even if you use the illumination/light on the watch u still wont see the Digital display.

Go for the GA-100-1A4. But if you want the stealth looks on the GA-120 look at the GA120bb-1a.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
935 Posts
I own the GA100 that you have pictured - and I am really disappointed with the illumination - no lume on the hands whatsoever, and a red hour hand coupled with a shadow casting amber LED - it's no night time watch by anyones standards - but having said that, it's light & comfortable and pretty faultless during daylight hours....

Unfortunately, I found that I wanted an analogue G that was in something of a higher league (IMO, obviously) - so eventually I picked up a G1200G 'Aviator' which I now always wear when needing to appear 'serious / professional' - people hereabouts sometimes (and quite rightly, too) comment about the complexity of operation of the aviator series, but AFAIAC, I just use mine as a basic 'telling the time' watch - oh, and the night-vis is A1 - excellent lume!

There's loads of variety in this series: analogue / ana-digi / multiband 6 / bracelet / colour combos - and it might be worth a look before you finally decide, you never know......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts