WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have a small collection, got a Hamilton I love, a few belovas and other like type watches.

Was looking at a few Tissot watches when I discovered this Oris. I keep going back to it, have read some mixed reviews from people on its looks....But I like it :)

Thoughts? Any other recommendations on other watches on similar price points? no grey market on this site selling this for $895

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
659 Posts
Love that watch - unique case, cool day complication, and I'm a sucker for 3-6-9-12 dials. I almost pulled the trigger on the same watch during black friday sales - this price seems as low as I have seen it. I say go for it - Oris quality is great. I'm loving my first Oris.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Love that design, unique case and day feature, very legible. My local AD had that piece on sale a while back, when I went in to buy it they already sold it, otherwise I would own one. Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone! Any recommendations at similar price point?

This one has been my front runner last few days, but want to see if there are any others I may not have come across yet.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
i have only one Oris which I literally just procured this weekend. But I have always wanted one.... of all the brands I've had a chance to spend any time with; I feel like Oris is one of the best if not the best values in watches. finishing, fit... just superb. straps and bracelets are spectacular.

I'd grab it!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Aquis owner here. Can't find a single thing to complain about - really good build quality for the money, accuracy within 2-3 seconds a day, tough as a russian tank and the lume is gorgeous. Bought mine mostly because of the bracelet, it's amazing, and it's the detail that most brands who battle Oris directly lack. You really can't go wrong with one, IMO the best watch brand under the Omega/Breitling price point.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aquis owner here. Can't find a single thing to complain about - really good build quality for the money, accuracy within 2-3 seconds a day, tough as a russian tank and the lume is gorgeous. Bought mine mostly because of the bracelet, it's amazing, and it's the detail that most brands who battle Oris directly lack. You really can't go wrong with one, IMO the best watch brand under the Omega/Breitling price point.
Great to hear! Thank you for your input...It's a great looking watch and I think it moved me past a Tissot I was looking at...A little bit more in price, but I love the unique look to this watch...Quality and brand puts it into a more luxury level than I have had before...Just got a pay bump, maybe I'll splurge on this lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love that watch - unique case, cool day complication, and I'm a sucker for 3-6-9-12 dials. I almost pulled the trigger on the same watch during black friday sales - this price seems as low as I have seen it. I say go for it - Oris quality is great. I'm loving my first Oris.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Watch looks great, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a small collection, got a Hamilton I love, a few belovas and other like type watches.

Was looking at a few Tissot watches when I discovered this Oris. I keep going back to it, have read some mixed reviews from people on its looks....But I like it :)

Thoughts? Any other recommendations on other watches on similar price points? no grey market on this site selling this for $895

Don't think too long- it's cool watch, and Oris in general is good buy.
My advice- get it on bracelet for 875 on same site- much more value, since Oris bracelets are quite expensive to buy afterwards.
You can get leather strap(s) any time later and even original one with Oris buckle will cost you less than adding bracelet.

Remember to post pictures afterwards!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't considered that...Thank you for suggestion!....Im going to try to see it this weekend of I can find it

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

Like yourself I'm looking for my first
Oris. I really like the Big Crown Pro Pilot date and I'm looking for a deal through the grey market. What shop are you looking at?
If you were looking for a similar model from a different brand you can always check out Steinhart "Aviation". https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/flieger-watch/aviation-automatik.html

·
Registered
45 Posts
Like yourself I'm looking for my first
Oris. I really like the Big Crown Pro Pilot date and I'm looking for a deal through the grey market. What shop are you looking at?
If you were looking for a similar model from a different brand you can always check out Steinhart "Aviation". https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/flieger-watch/aviation-automatik.html
Thanks for the recommendation! Good looking watch...Right now I've been looking at no grey market on this forum Seems to have best deal, haven't seen it for any less anywhere else.

·
Registered
352 Posts

I just picked this up in the sales section and absolutely love it. I used to own an Aquis and had the rubber strap and bracelet and although the bracelet was very comfortable I usually wore it on rubber because the bracelet made the watch look bigger on my 6.75" wrist. But this bc4 chrono is a much more solid watch!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I just picked this up in the sales section and absolutely love it. I used to own an Aquis and had the rubber strap and bracelet and although the bracelet was very comfortable I usually wore it on rubber because the bracelet made the watch look bigger on my 6.75" wrist. But this bc4 chrono is a much more solid watch!
I have the same wrist size, good looking watch! Congrats on purchase! I'm still in process of figuring out what to do lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts