Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Models:

1.Speedmaster Day-Date 3520.50
img57229983.jpg

2.Seamaster (Co-Axial, from the last 4 years) 212.30.41.20.03.001
21230412003001.png

Take a note that the Seamaster will cost ~780$ more then the Speedmaster.

Is it worth the extra money?
What movement/caliber both use? is the speedmaster movement is reliable or its the same 'problematic' as the speedmaster reduced?

Whats you recommendation?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Is it worth the extra money?
What movement/caliber both use? is the speedmaster movement is reliable or its the same 'problematic' as the speedmaster reduced?
I own a Mk40 3221.30, and as far as I understand it, the 3520 and other Mk40's use a variant of the Valjoux 7750 (7754?). The earlier Speedmaster Reduced used a chronograph module added on to a base movement, which I've been told is difficult to service. The 7750 is considered reliable enough to be utilized quite widely. I have a few watches utilizing the 7750 and over many years of use haven't had any problems.

If it's between these two watches only... Personally, I don't like the 3520 because it's trying too hard to look like a Speedmaster Pro, and I prefer the look of the Seamaster.

Whether the Seamaster is worth the extra money is up to you.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Not sure why but never really liked the wavy bezel of the SMP or any watches as a the matter of fact, just personal preference I guess.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like them both, the speedmaster have too much details and seamaster is pretty clean, in the other hand the seamaster is 'another' diving watch, nothing that special..also its pretty high cost compared to the speedmaster.
Maybe if I put the same budget as the seamaster, should I go for the speedmaster pro (moonwatch)? or stick with the 'new edition' with sapphire and automatic?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I like them both, the speedmaster have too much details and seamaster is pretty clean, in the other hand the seamaster is 'another' diving watch, nothing that special..also its pretty high cost compared to the speedmaster.
Maybe if I put the same budget as the seamaster, should I go for the speedmaster pro (moonwatch)? or stick with the 'new edition' with sapphire and automatic?
Like azonic said, the complication of the 3520 is quite interesting. I like watches with some complication, but between the 3520 and the Pro, I'd choose the Pro for the classic look. FOIS is also a very good candidate that you should consider.

·
Registered
Nomos Orion 35 | Timex Q
301 Posts
I vote for 3520.50 but I'm biased as I've had that watch in the past.. loved it. It's unusual and uncommon enough to be special.. love the all black / white theme and classic fonts.. and that flieger pointer date hand!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts