WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Debaufre Ocean 1 classic. I had a Steinhart a while back and it was a good watch. I really like the dial on the classic and have been looking at it for a while.

I will give a full review when I get mine. I have to say for the price there really is no better value than the Ocean 1 as for a 300m swiss made diver.

There were some issues I had with the Steinhart and I am hoping that with the new model they will be improved.

Rob

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a 44 Magnum Ocean being shipped real soon, if the quality is anything like my NavB LE I'm gonna be real happy.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you want to ask then I will give my opinion. The big problem for me was the lume. The lume was not very good and was not applied evenly so there were darker spots on the markers.

There is no way I can explain it but the bracelet felt cheap somehow. It did not look cheap but it felt that way.

The case. I did not like the lugs on the case. I thought the lugs should be more curved like a real Rolex. The watch case seems flat to me and the end links I did not like as much as the Rolex style. I also did not like the bezel edge. I like the traditional coin edge or something more aggressive like a SAR bezel.

These issues are not big but were enough at the time to bother me. Looking at the photos on the website the lume looks much improved. I will have to see how the new bracelet is. I still am not a big fan of the lugs and end links but the watch is good looking and well made.

I should get my watch tomorrow and am excited to get it. I will post my impressions and hopefully some pics!!

I have dealt with Elsa and the crew a while back and I was very impressed with customer service!!

Rob

·
Registered
550 Posts
Like you, I had a Steinhart Ocean 1 and now have a Classic Edition. The lume on the Classic Edition is significantly improved over the earlier model. It is both more evenly applied and lasts longer. As for the bracelet, the clasp and links on my example seems somewhat tighter than the earlier edition. It's not a major difference to the eye but if feels like the tolerances at the clasp and the links are better.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I just ordered one myself. I have been somewhat intrigued by the brand and after reading several reviews, I decided (OK, my wife won't let me drop 4K on a rolex) to give one of the Ocean 1 classics a shot. If it is anything like what I have read, I think this one may be a keeper.

·
Registered
933 Posts
PM Sent!

If you want to ask then I will give my opinion. The big problem for me was the lume. The lume was not very good and was not applied evenly so there were darker spots on the markers.

There is no way I can explain it but the bracelet felt cheap somehow. It did not look cheap but it felt that way.

The case. I did not like the lugs on the case. I thought the lugs should be more curved like a real Rolex. The watch case seems flat to me and the end links I did not like as much as the Rolex style. I also did not like the bezel edge. I like the traditional coin edge or something more aggressive like a SAR bezel.

These issues are not big but were enough at the time to bother me. Looking at the photos on the website the lume looks much improved. I will have to see how the new bracelet is. I still am not a big fan of the lugs and end links but the watch is good looking and well made.

I should get my watch tomorrow and am excited to get it. I will post my impressions and hopefully some pics!!

I have dealt with Elsa and the crew a while back and I was very impressed with customer service!!

Rob

·
Registered
933 Posts
PM Sent!

I just ordered one myself. I have been somewhat intrigued by the brand and after reading several reviews, I decided (OK, my wife won't let me drop 4K on a rolex) to give one of the Ocean 1 classics a shot. If it is anything like what I have read, I think this one may be a keeper.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I believe mine went out today. It's the 39mm. It will be interesting to see how it compares to Rolex. I've got a Rolex DateJust but one is enough. Can't wait to see what I think of the Ocean1.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I had a Rolex Submariner, and even though most wont believe me, I like it almost just as much...and wear it way more often.

david

·
Registered
359 Posts
Have many members ordered the 44 Magnum Ocean? Don't see much being written about the new addition which is supposed to be shipped soon. I went 44 because I have a 8" wrist and I don't have room on my winder for another auto....... :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
First post in this forum. Got a Classic about two weeks ago. Still getting used to it. I have had quartz watches until now. Overall a great purchase. Perhaps it isn't a Rolex for cheap, but it seems better than anything else comparatively priced.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts