WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a watch novice, but have noticed that I really like the aesthetic style of dive watches. It sounds like Debaufre offers some good quality/reasonably priced dive watches, so I have been exploring their website. What are the differences between the Ocean-1 and the GMT Ocean-1? As far as I can tell, the only difference is the dual time zone capability of the GMT. Are the movements of equal quality? Why is the GMT so much more expensive? I don't really travel to other time zones often, so this would not be a big selling point personally.

Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
533 Posts
Big difference is that one has a single time zone movement, the other a GMT movement. Both are workhorses and I've really enjoyed my Steinhart Nav-B(same company, just recently had to change their name). If you don't see the need for different time zones, skip the GMT and get the regular flavor. Best of luck. ;-)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any quality difference between the movements? I seem to remember reading a post about issues with the GMT Ocean-1 movement. I'm leaning towards the GMT model due to the color options available and just want to make sure it won't be added trouble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts