WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to start by saying Hi.... I'm planning on buying a new watch. I feel like i need to start adding to my small collection. I have done my research and am pretty set on the Debaufre Ocean 1, reviews on this site are great. My main ordeal is I need to try it on before I buy it. Anyone know where I can do this around the Chicago area?

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Welcome aboard SJ!
Hopefully someone can help you out :-!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You could always go to a Rolex dealer....;-).

Mike W.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Haha, I'm not sure if they sell anywhere besides their website. But from my extensive even compulsive time on this forum, I've not heard but 1-2 non-positive statements. I wouldn't say negative because either the issue was very minor or Debaufre/Steinhart fixed it quickly. Welcome to the forum and post often!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Well they offer 2 sizes. I think they offer a 42mm and a 39mm. I'm thinking the submariner is closer to the 39mm size, personally I'd go for the 42mm but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
:oops: I was only being a little sarcastic in my above post. Truth is, if you are looking at the 39mm model, a Rolex Sub will give you a great comparison (at least regarding size).

Best, Mike W.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just purchased the Debaufre GMT Ocean-1, which I believe is the exact same size as the Ocean-1. My wrist is about 6.75" and the 42mm watch is a great fit, while being a nice solid watch and not looking too big on my wrist. Hopefully, this will help. I will also say that, in person, it looks smaller than all of the wrist shots here on the forum.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I have been totally thrilled with the two Debaufre watches that I have and there's a Steinhart on the way as well. Great watches, very reasonably priced and extremely well done. I have no doubt the Ocean 1 has the same level of quality and I'm sure you will not be disappointed. Go for the 42mm though...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I have the Steinhart Ocean 1, a really great watch (42mm) on my 6.75" wrist.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah... Definitely going to purchase this watch. I'll wait a week for another one to appear on ebay. If nothing, I will be left with no choice but to pay the full price. And yes I will get the 42mm if anyone was wondering. Thanks for all the info. Really helps when buying from a company you know little about.

Also if someone could fill me in on their return policy, not that i will likely return it, that would be great. I checked throughout the website and it provides me with the terms and condition of the website. This contains nothing about debaufre return policy. I also called them to get this information. But interestingly enough they make you leave your name and number so they can call you. That's a first for me.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Real Nice. I particularly like the lm-3. if you don't mind me asking, who is mitch?
Mitch is the owner of Ocean-7 watches.
Easily reached via the official website here on WUS.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well apparently I am lucky.... I found an ocean 1 on ebay and snatched it for $273 shipped....

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT!!!!
Thanks for the help guys!

EDIT--
I'm still happy... But now im thinking i could have probably gotten it cheaper

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Well apparently I am lucky.... I found an ocean 1 on ebay and snatched it for $273 shipped....

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT!!!!
Thanks for the help guys!

EDIT--
I'm still happy... But now im thinking i could have probably gotten it cheaper
Maybe but not by much.
Looks sweet!
Congrats :-!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I own a Steinhart Ocean 1 and love it. I read on another forum that there may be a S+D sale coming soon. Keep your eyes on the website.
SmoothJazz enjoy the watch!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts