WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Before I purchased a Debaufre watch I searched for reviews and found lots of good words about this company, so I decided to trust them. Indeed they were polite in answering my questions as I was waiting for a back-ordered watch to come back in stock..and then the problems came with the delivery of the watch.

Out of the box, the watch immediately had problems as the screws for the band adjustment would not unscrew, using a screwdriver. This caused the screws to strip after only one or two attempts of getting the screws to do what they were made to do - with the tool that was designed for the screws. I was then told that by Debaufre that the screws were glued in.

Wanting to give these folks another try since surely I thought it was just a single issue. After a full winding, I've found that the watch will only run for 3-4 hours and then, cold turkey.

Since I am now disturbing Debaufre by not inquiring about a purchase, but a defective watch, the watch-world famous "Elsa" refuses to answer my emails not long after telling me "the swiss guys aren't what they used to be." As of this date, they have had the watch back in their possession, will not offer me a full refund, or answer my emails for over 1 month now. <|

I can send the full email correspondence to any that request. I've only taken the time to write this because I believe in word-of-mouth advertising on both sides of the coin.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Welcome to WUS, Ecodrive!
I am sorry that your first post/thread had to be a sad one. Yes, it is often the case, when you are about to buy a product/service, the seller is nice and informative.
When you have a defective product, it is suddenly not so easy!
Good luck, I hope you will get a NEW watch from Defaubre. Janne

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Janne, thanks. Thankfully I am a collector with other options; I've learned from this ordeal to stick with the brands that have a rep for being trusted to actually work and tell the time.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Had a similar experience. Got a Triton, the bezel was sloppy and uneven. I called in, spoke to the same woman and she asked me if I even used the bezel anyway.

Seriously.

That was it for me. There are plenty of great watches/watch companies out there that deserve the business. Thank goodness I have a whole website of enablers here to help me find a new watch. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear that. That bezel statement has a very familiar tone to me :(

I agree, plenty of great companies out there.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
normally these are posted in the deals forum or inquiries. so I'll not comment about this. you can pm me the email though and I'll take a look and see if theres something that can be done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts