WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this Debert compressor style for about a month, it keeps time well, it has no operating problems,I have only noticed for a few days that it has a charge that does not exceed 12 hours, at the beginning I had not noticed it, and therefore, I wore the watch for 24 hours, even at night,so I took it off my wrist and, after about 12 hours, I found it stopped... it mounts a Miyota 82 series ... why does this happen? ..are we sure that these movements are genuine Japanese and not Chinese clones?...for the rest it works very well

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Silver
o

·
20,180 Posts
I have this Debert compressor style for about a month, it keeps time well, it has no operating problems,I have only noticed for a few days that it has a charge that does not exceed 12 hours, at the beginning I had not noticed it, and therefore, I wore the watch for 24 hours, even at night,so I took it off my wrist and, after about 12 hours, I found it stopped... it mounts a Miyota 82 series ... why does this happen? ..are we sure that these movements are genuine Japanese and not Chinese clones?...for the rest it works very well

View attachment 16716387 o
If you were able to identify the movement as a Miyota 82 series, and particularly if it was signed 'Miyota, Japan' then you can be sure that it is a Japanese movement. Being a 'clone' would not explain a 12 hour power-reserve anyway, as that is way too short for any automatic movement.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you were able to identify the movement as a Miyota 82 series, and particularly if it was signed 'Miyota, Japan' then you can be sure that it is a Japanese movement. Being a 'clone' would not explain a 12 hour power-reserve anyway, as that is way too short for any automatic movement.

This is the caseback of my Debert....

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Gadget

·
20,180 Posts
This is the caseback of my Debert....

View attachment 16717459
That is without any doubt a Japanese movement, no better or worse than its nearest Chinese equivalents. And its power-reserve should be about 30 to 36 hours straight off the wrist, or 42 hours if fully hand-wound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts