WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went into Macy's and checked out Tissot, Movado, Swiss Army, Seiko, Citizen, ESQ, etc...

After trying on Tissot and Movado, I realized that while many people on this forum bash Invicta, I do actually like my Invicta watch! I didn't feel as if the Tissots and Movados were much better quality than this Invicta Sub-Mariner knock off, plus I bought the Invicta for about $115 and these watches at Macy's were 400+.

So the moral of the story, quit listening to "experts" on this forum and go out and see for yourself what you think a good value is.

Note: the Invicta is the more expensive Swiss quartz version, so this may be why my watch seems to have good quality to it.

EDIT: I wanted to add that after Macy's I went into the expensive watch jewelry store and looked at Omega, Tag, and Breitling. I noticed after trying on Breitling, that they are in a class above Tissot, Movado, etc. These feel and look like top quality watches. I would have looked closer at Tag and Omega, but I couldn't get past Breitling.

·
Registered
679 Posts
In the end, what matters is that you like and enjoy owning the watch.

I'm not an Invicta expert, but I'm extremely happy with my 8926a diver and it's Miyota movement. The fit and finish of the watch is fantastic when you consider it's price. I've read of bad experiences with their CS department and I've also read of a few people getting defective Invicta watches, but my personal experience with my Invicta has been a positive one so far and as such I can't find a reason to bash them. I'm not an elitist either, so I have no problems wearing any watch regardless of brand name, price or movement. Automatic or quartz, analog or digital, if I like the watch I'll wear it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
A few years ago my wife bought an inexpensive Invicta which really put the other watches she had (Bulova, Citizen, etc.) to shame. The band was higher quality, the case had more detail and the mop dial was very attractive. We've not purchased an Invicta since, but - assuming the price was right -I wouldn't hesitate in the future.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I think most of the bashing is related to quality and customer service. The watches look great. I have a work friend that only buys Invictas, he loves the outragous ones, he's a bling master!

The watch looks great. I imagine the Invictas with the Japanese movements are pretty reliable.

·
Moderator Public Forum
2,879 Posts
I currently own 7 Invicta's that I have purchased in the last 4 years. I had some quality issues with 3 of my early purchases - flaw in crystal, broken stem, and one stopped working all together. I have been very pleased with my more recent acquisitions.

I saw a post in another forum saying that Invicta quality has improved and this may be the case. I continue to hear nightmares about Customer Service.

While I won't compare these watches to the high end watches in my collection, they certainly have a place in my collection and hold significance to me as a watch lover. That significance being that there was something about them that moved me to purchase and keep them.

I think the important thing is the process YOU went through to make YOUR decision. You did your research and found that Invicta makes some watches that match up to more expensive, established, and seemingly reliable brands in appearance and quality of material. You also grew to appreciate another level of watches when you looked at the Breitling.

Enjoy your timepiece and enjoy your future watch journey!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Hanging around the forums for a few years you pick up on things, rightly or wrongly, and with regard to Invicta it seems to be yes, good watches but a crap shoot with CS when something goes wrong. So while Tissot and others may not be any better in quality terms in ownership terms they may have been a better choice...

·
Registered
109 Posts
When I bought my invicta about a year ago (8926 auto) and went in to a local shop to have it sized (for free!) (paid 70 bucks for it with free shipping via amazon) I looked at the other watches this is an incredible watch and such a bargain. I love it!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have one Invicta and I really like it. I don't like the bad online rep, that makes me a little nervous and the way the owner guy Ayol sells them on TV just seems so .... ? I like watching the show on shopnbc but I always get the feeling that I can't trust a word he's saying? Maybe thats just me?? With all of this said, I would still like to get an Invicta "scooby" ! :rodekaart:rodekaart:rodekaart

1 - 10 of 10 Posts