WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I posted this on the Omega forum but thought to post this on the IWC forum as well. Essentially I have a friend who is deciding between the Omega Broad Arrow (321.12.422.50.02.001) and the IWC Pilot's Chronograph. They are priced similarly at authorized dealers. He has tried them both on, and there are qualities to each that he likes. This would be his first quality watch.

He is very shy and asked me to post this on the forum on his behalf to get some suggestions and he was hoping to read a few thoughts from those around here who own either of the two watches, or have any other wisdom to share.

Thank you!

·
Editor
1,753 Posts
I have owned a IW3717 and a Speedmaster (not the broad arrow, but the Professional), I've sold the Speedmaster to fund the Pilot ;)

In size Pilot and Speedmaster are the same, the IWC looks a bit more balanced due to the subdial spacing and the 21mm strap. The Omega has the Co-Axial movement, which is sort of an in-house movement. Based on looks, I like the IWC better. In terms of quality, I believe the watches are equal, but I rate the after sales service of IWC much higher then Omega. I have lots of experience with both ;)

I hope this helps a bit!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Get the IWC 3717 first then the broad arrow..heck lets do both together if your friend can afford it:p

Get your friend to try it on from respective brand AD, before making the decision.

There is definitely something intricate about the IWC case finishing and quality...

Oh and yes, Dimer can give u a good price for the 3717 ;)

cheers

·
Editor
1,753 Posts
Get the IWC 3717 first then the broad arrow..heck lets do both together if your friend can afford it:p

Get your friend to try it on from respective brand AD, before making the decision.

There is definitely something intricate about the IWC case finishing and quality...

Oh and yes, Dimer can give u a good price for the 3717 ;)

cheers
That is a good point, the finishing on the 3717 case is amazing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
definetly iwc 3717

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I know this is an IWC forum and I really like IWC ( I own an AT Ti Chrono) but I would highly recommend trying on the watches.
I own the Broad Arrow on the bracelet and sold the 3717....

The IWC Pilot wears longer--the lugs are longer and I am not a big fan of the leather strap. Pure pilot watch though...

The IWC has what a modified 7750 in it... The Omega has a 37 jewel, COSC, column wheel chronograph....Omega Cal 3313 based
off the Piguet 1285...55 hr power reserve...

I like both watches but I think the Omega is underated....

Good luck
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts