WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a DA46 black for about 2 weeks and, although I absolutely LOVE the dial, I just haven't found myself liking the black coating. Luckily I bought used so I'll be able to flip it and pretty much come out even. While I'm working on earning the right to use the classifieds I'm looking for some input. I have a max budget of $2,000 after I sell and I'm torn between a DA36 with bracelet, DA46 (not black) and a DC56. I'm open to suggestions from other makers but I like the hardened case and I really value the readability of the Damasko black dial.

Originally I was saving up for a DC56. I saw the used DA46 and in a moment of weakness couldn't resist. I have several watches with bezels and I use them a lot for timing (minute bezels). Obviously the DA36 doesn't have a bezel but it may be worth giving up that functionality for the Damasko bracelet.

If the DC56 came with the yellow second hand it would make my decision much easier. The readability of the Damasko dial and the way the yellow second hand pops makes me smile every time I look at my DA46.

I have owned chronographs over the years and tend to use the chrono feature a lot, but usually to time trivial things just because I like using it. The only ones I have owned have been quartz Citizens and a couple Russians with the 3133 movements. The concern I have with the DC56 is they way the large hands seem to make it hard to see the minute and hour recorders in some of the photos I have seen. Can anyone tell me is this is an issue? I have never seen any other Damaskos in person except the one I have so any input is appreciated.

Sorry for the rambling,
Brian

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
... The concern I have with the DC56 is they way the large hands seem to make it hard to see the minute and hour recorders in some of the photos I have seen. Can anyone tell me is this is an issue? I have never seen any other Damaskos in person except the one I have so any input is appreciated.
Your concern it is valid one. You will have this visibility issue with all watches using an ETA 7750 or a derivate of it. For better visibility you will have to get a watch with something like a vintage Lemania 5100. Damasko has something similar. The model DC80, it is awesome but more exepensive. If yo go to the DC56 you'll get use very quickly to the big hand coverage. I think after a few uses you will not even notice it.
Good luck with your endeavors

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) Plus mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't believe I missed the DC80... very cool that the minute recorder is moved to the center. No hour recorder on that one or am I missing it? Maybe with a 12 hour bezel.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
If the DC56 came with the yellow second hand it would make my decision much easier. The readability of the Damasko dial and the way the yellow second hand pops makes me smile every time I look at my DA46.
For a nominal fee, Damasko will customize the seconds hand and lume pip to be whatever color you want.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can't believe I missed the DC80... very cool that the minute recorder is moved to the center. No hour recorder on that one or am I missing it? Maybe with a 12 hour bezel.
12 hour and 30 minute counters in the subdials, I believe.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
No hour sub-dial, no date and, so far as I’ve read, no 12 hour bezel. But not so thick and not so expensive. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
I love the bracelet so whatever watch you pick get in on Damasko bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts