WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I realized there aren't any thread focused on this watch here. So I hope to start the ball rolling and hope everyone who has this watch can post their's as well and discuss about this unique G.

Ok here's a little info on this watch, it belongs to the Master of G series, it was released around 1999. There were a total of 4 models that I know:
DWG-100J-1A
DWG-100J-9J
DWG-100UJ-9JR ( Japan only?)
DWG-100UJ-4JF (Japan only?)

As a Master of G, this watch was designed and targeted for the runners, Its functions include:
-Pulse Sensor (infra red)
-Thermometer
-Stopwatch with lap counter
-Stopwatch data record
-Timer
-5 Alarms with ability to set to go off on particular date.
-Auto EL, 3 level of ambient light sensitivity
-pulse rate graph

When I first saw this watch on the internet , the asymmetrical and slanted LCD display caught my attention, it was strange, Although I knew there were other models with asymmetrical design. But for a master series having such design is weird. It only occurred to me why Casio designed it in such a way when I bought it in 2001. I used it when I jog, and while running and you lift your hand up to look at the watch, the slanted display is actually horizontal due to the angle of your hand when you're jogging ;-)
I used this watch a lot back then when I was a more active person, the lap counter is very useful and lets you time your every lap time.

The pulse sensor is also very useful, it measures your heartbeat, so you know whether you've over pushed yourself during the running session, just for info, heart rate of 160bpm is consider ok and more than 180 is considered to be over stressful for your heart.

I bought the Gold tone 9J back in 2001, ever since then it has undergone 3 casings and straps due to bezel cracked into pieces.Now I keep it in the drawer since changing the casing and strap to new ( I ran out of casing and straps).Bezel and casing is almost non existent as I tried to search for it for months and couldn't find any. I bought another used one, the 1A few months ago and use it once a while when I go jogging. Ok enough posting , here are some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More pics, I often read that the pulse sensor is not sensitive enough. Well you have to angle your finger properly ( no need to touch the sensor at allso you wont smudge it with your sweat after heavy workout) and make sure that the sensor is not smudge. The graph has a indicator to show you whether the reading is accurate or not, notice in pic "Good reading" there's a vertical line on the top display, the longer the vertical line, the more accurate the reading is. And for the "bad reading" pic, the vertical line is not there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Of all the G's that I have seen so far, this has to be the most interesting, thanks for posting all the pictures ;-)

·
Registered
603 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
the pulse check does work properly as long as sensor is not smudge and you position your finger properly. I do hope Casio release at least a successor to this watch like they did the gulf/mud/riseman.

anyone has the 100UJ models here?

·
Banned
473 Posts
Honestly of all the old Master of Gs, this is the one I want to see Casio bring back from the dead. I've searched for this one everywhere I can and I'd love to see new models of these awesome G-Shock reproduced and I say this not because I jog (which I do) but because I will like to collect this unique watch.

Lets hope that Casio wakes this one from the dead.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Very cool thanks for posting pics!!! I'm a hugh fan of the Lungman models. I would love to own one myself. Just haven't been lucky enough to find one yet. If Casio was to remake them I would buy a couple for sure :-! It's nice to see the old school G's and other people who appreciate them like I do |>

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
There was one on German ebay not long ago and I still could kick myself for not bidding on it. I really like the module (even though I don't jog and never have - let's face it: jogging or not, in the end we all have to die :-d). It's the only non-solar G-Shock with a light sensitive auto EL to my knowledge. And I also think it was the first one with 5 alarms - but I'm not sure on that.

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sedi, yes you should have gotten the lungman and let it be a push factor for you to start jogging. yes i know we all die whether you jog or not . it's just that it feels good after a jog , and you'll feel even better when you make full use of your g shock for what it's designed for , plus the envious looks from other runners for your cool looking yet functional G ;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
:-!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts