WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between a Deep Blue AP Diver with Orange face or a ProTac Diver with Blue face. Anyone have a "live" picture of either of these (other than the pics on DB's site)? I kinda like the "tuna can" case on the AP, but it appears that these are out of stock in blue face; so if I got one it would have to be orange. I like the look of the ProTac as well and I can get it in blue; but I was hoping to see a better pic of the blue dial's finish than what is shown on the DB site. I like orange face watches, but I already have an orange face Seiko; that's why I'm thinking of getting a blue face watch to add to the collection.

Also, I noticed that the AP uses a Seiko VX42 movement where the ProTac uses a VX43. Is ther any significant difference in these? Is the difference in that the ProTac has a day and date display, where the AP only has date?

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Mourning DC07...
If you email Stan at Deep Blue he will answer your questions regarding the movement differences & he's usually pretty good about sending pics of available watches for comparison...Good luck...

Reactions: DiveCon2007

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As it turns out, I no longer need to decide which one. My wife informed me today that yesteday she ordered one of the two for me as an Anniversary gift. So now have to wait till Aprill 11th to find out which I'm receiving.:-s

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
I was "asking" for pictures. If I had the pictures to put in my original post, I wouldn't have created the thread.
You will always get better participation and help if you have pics (even stock pics), at least links. You asked multiple questions and as you can see you have gotten little input because no pics. This I know.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You will always get better participation and help if you have pics (even stock pics), at least links. You asked multiple questions and as you can see you have gotten little input because no pics. This I know.
Okee-doke! Thanks! It's kind of a moot point now because my wife has decided for me which watch I prefer. Guess I'll find out next month what my decision was. :-!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Congrats and happy anniversary. Now the hardest part is waiting!!

Don't worry about "the post is worthless without pictures" bashers, some people have nothing better to do.
The only live pic I have is of the black dial AP chrono, which is kind of different from the AP diver.

Either way, I know you'll be more than happy with what you get. Deep Blue makes come killer watches and you get a lot of bang for your buck.
Enjoy and be sure to post pictures when you get it. Not just for the "bashers" as mention above, but for us who are interested in seeing your new acquisition.
As it turns out, I no longer need to decide which one. My wife informed me today that yesteday she ordered one of the two for me as an Anniversary gift. So now have to wait till Aprill 11th to find out which I'm receiving.:-s

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Box came in the mail today from Deep Blue, but my wife grabbed it before I could crack the seal. DOH! Guess I have to wait now....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here's something to hold you over

2012-03-30-052_1.jpg

Reactions: DiveCon2007

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep! It'll either be that one or the blue Pro-Tac! She's not giving any hints as to which one she ordered. I'm kinda hoping she got the orange AP. The more I look at it, the more that Tuna case grows on me. I figure either will look good with the Deep Blue PU Bracelet.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well the wait is finally over...she got me the Orange-faced AP! It's quickly become my favorite daily watch. Here's a pic of it with my other dive toys after just getting back from a charter in Panama City, FL. Unfortunately, the camera flash kinda washed out the orange of the watch face in this pic and doesn't give a true representation of the deep orange color that it really is. Hawgorn's picture above gives a truer image of the face's color.

04-17-12 071.jpg

·
Registered
156 Posts
May I ask why you were hoping for the AP over the protac?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
May I ask why you were hoping for the AP over the protac?
Solely on looks. I really like the looks of both watches, but the "Tuna" case of the AP started to win me over. I'd still like to get a Blue ProTac though! I think it's a great looking watch as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts