WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im checking out the website and almost every auto watch is right at a grand or over. are people really paying this for them? i coulda swore they were right at the 4-500 range

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
so im checking out the website and almost every auto watch is right at a grand or over. are people really paying this for them? i coulda swore they were right at the 4-500 range
I think Shophq (ShopNBC) has the cheap prices.

Reactions: gaopa

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for every model? ive handled their watches and know their quality but kinda seems like an invicta move to price everything 2x the actual price. hmmm

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Every model at a $1,000. Not really but they are more expensive on their site compared to shophq.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I suggest you take another look. I believe you are "missing something". I recently purchased a Deep Blue DayNight Pro Ops Flat Tube Black (DAYNIGHT T-100 OPS PRO FLAT TUBES - DAYNIGHT - T100 TRITIUM AUTOMATIC COLLECTION) and paid less than what is listed. I bought it directly from Deep Blue. I suggest direct communication with the company. Great company, Great guys, Great watch, acceptable price.

I did flip the watch but not due to any issues with the watch. The issue is that I have too small a wrist for this great watch.

IMGP8999.jpg

Be well,

AZ

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
for every model? ive handled their watches and know their quality but kinda seems like an invicta move to price everything 2x the actual price. hmmm
It was an "Invicta" move to sell on ShopNBC IMHO as well.
Good quality watches from my experience but I can think of plenty of other options out there that I would rather spend 1k on.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Apparently you didn't look too hard at the website.There are 3 or 4 different model ranges at or below $500.00.Pro Seadiver on bracelet with NH35 movement & sapphire crystal, $379.00.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I like the blue dial sea diver 1k, Still too expensive I think and I just can't get pass the cheesy brand name and overuse of the logo on some of their models. Even at $199....no gracias, better option out there.

·
Sinn Moderator
9,805 Posts
I have owned a couple of Deep Blue watches that were bought in the $400-500 price range. I liked the watches, but found them to be too big and heavy.

My pair of H3 Tactical watches use tritium tubes. I'm crazy about these 2 watches. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Banned
10,075 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
I like the blue dial sea diver 1k, Still too expensive I think and I just can't get pass the cheesy brand name and overuse of the logo on some of their models. Even at $199....no gracias, better option out there.
Better options for sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel, and high beat movement at the $200 price point? I'd be really interested in seeing these options. Care to share?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Better options for sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel, and high beat movement at the $200 price point? I'd be really interested in seeing these options. Care to share?
$200 is obviously an anomaly, it's the not the price they usually go for and sapphire crystals....and ceramic bezels are not the only thing making a good watch or better option. So yop even at $199 with a french kiss from Suzan Sarandon I'll pass. I'd rather have an ISO certified Seiko costing half the price. That would be a better option for a guy like me.

Reactions: jason_recliner

·
Banned
10,075 Posts
$200 is obviously an anomaly, it's the not the price they usually go for and sapphire crystals....and ceramic bezels are not the only thing making a good watch or better option. So yop even at $199 with a french kiss from Suzan Sarandon I'll pass. I'd rather have an ISO certified Seiko costing half the price. That would be a better option for a guy like me.
Out of curiosity, what substantive elements do you find to be unsatisfactory about the $500 Deep Blue offerings?

All the best.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I guess you could call $200 an anomaly for a Deep Blue with a sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel on ShopHQ, but it isn't as rare as I think that word implies. You will usually find at least 1 such watch during any ShopHQ Deep Blue show. Thus, my comment that you have to know where and when to buy them. Actually, there are 3 Deep Blues right now on ShopHQ which all have sapphire crystals and ceramic bezels and are listed between $220 - $290. Granted these are all Swiss quartz movement watches, but this isn't even a normal low price sale time for DB on ShopHQ.

I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with the Seiko watches you are referring to, in fact, I own an SKX007J and an SKX009K. I think these are both fine watches, but the J version will cost about the same as the Deep Blue Juggy III I posted earlier and in my opinion, it isn't even in the same league, movement wise, crystal wise, bezel wise, or overall build quality wise. And I am absolutely sure that, even though it is not ISO certified, the Deep Blue will out perform the Seiko's I mentioned as well. Just because a small company doesn't go through the expense of having their watches ISO certified doesn't mean they don't meet or exceed these standards.

But it's nice to have the choices out there so we can have these discussions because we all have different tastes. For example, Susan Sarandon gives me the hibbie jibbies. I'd gladly pay her $199 NOT to french kiss me.

I just think that most people who knock a brand like Deep Blue have never actually had one on their wrist and that if they had, they wouldn't feel like they do. I know I'm generalizing, so if you actually have had or held a Deep Blue and don't care for them, I apologize.

·
Banned
2,169 Posts
The DB build sheet alone kick's Seiko 007 A$$. I had two 007's one already had SAPPHIRE upgrade and one did not. It took one week to scratch the mineral glass and also scratched the insert.
I sent it off to Jay for the SAPPHIRE upgrade and new insert. DB actually has a great track record around here but you either like the brand or you don't.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts