WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently melted when I saw this watch on the bay. I bought it and got it sent to my parents place in France, awaiting for the next business opportunity to fly to Paris and collect my watch.

I just did it this week end and I am happy like a kid at Xmas.
I just changed the standard strap for something more original and the colour match is very nice I think ( I was lucky as I picked it on the web and the original photo of the strap was far from clear).

The watch came in this nice electric blue simili croco box.Those russians they know how to hook customers.

The material I chose for the strap is somehow quite unusual and related to the name of the watch, but I am sure that WUS contributors will spot and name it in no time.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Wow, that is really Beautiful!........it's also one of my favorites....Congrats:-!

Regards Sonny

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I really don't like this version at all <| It has nothing to do with the old one. It's a mix of sturmanskie and okean. Congratulations though. Wear it in good health.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hi JP!

Congratulations :-! (again since we met also on another place just a few hours ago...)

It's funny because the two versions (the "Sturmanskie" as your and the regular one) co-exist for sale on many vendoes sites. The regular OKEAH is however significantly more expensive. :think: ...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks marc-wl.

so, the strap is made of ... Salmon!

I like this version (did not find the "older one) although I agree that it is quite different from the old good ones.
If I had one thing to change (and may possibly do it one day), it would be to get a red hand for the 30min counter.

The finish of this watch is even better than my strela whihc I found already stunning.
The polished and brushed parts of the case are really well done down to the smallest corner.

the chrono is singificantly smoother than my strela (may be my strela needs some fine tuning...)

And I feel so lucky with this strap (despite the fact that it is a bit too thin for this watch).

Can't wait for some quiet time to share some more pictures of this Okeah

·
Registered
290 Posts
It's amazing to me how satisfying these Russian designs are. They sure do meet the test of time. I love my Strela and the Okeah is high on my list for next purchase.

Congratulations on the watch and thanks for the photo. Also, the strap looks like it was made for the watch - nice selection.

·
Registered
661 Posts
It's funny because the two versions (the "Sturmanskie" as your and the regular one) co-exist for sale on many vendoes sites. The regular OKEAH is however significantly more expensive. :think: ...
I've been researching these re-make watches with interest recently. The version with Sturmanskie branding is the current production model and is clearly not intended to be a precise replica. The classic OKEAH branded "replica" version was recently discontinued, but there is still limited stock in the retail chain. Prices of the two versions are pretty much the same from the official retailers. Both versions are made by Volmax, one of the officially recognised Ex-Poljot groups. It also goes without saying that there are also loads of dodgy lower quality black market versions kicking around on ebay.

Disclaimer: I'm really no expert, so please correct me if I've got it wrong! But it seems pretty clear from what I've read so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts