WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put a post up a week ago asking for ideas on my next watch . i was give some good ideas but i really took a liking to the Deep Blue Daynight 65 T-100 Automatic – 65 Tritium Tubes Blue Dial and the Christopher ward C60 TRIDENT AUTOMATIC - BLUE BEZEL. i really don't know which one to go for . i feel im edging towards the C.Ward . is there anything to take into consideration or any other option to look at. i do plan on going diving in the watch

Daynight 65 T-100 Automatic – 65 Tritium Tubes Blue Dial - DAYNIGHT - 65 TUBES T100 TRITIUM AUTO COLLECTION deep blue

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/men/dive/c60-tri-sbs.html C Ward

·
Premium Member
39,726 Posts
I have the C Ward and I love it. However, I don't dive (or haven't yet).

I have to say that the lume on the Trident isn't amazing. I suspect that the Deep Blue would be the clear winner in that particular contest. However, the Trident is a great watch for the money.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I would go with the CW diver - it is far more classy and traditional looking - although I hate the trident second hand - it's too gimmicky.

The Deep Blue is more of a robust tool diver look, obviously with awesome lume - but just too big and cumbersome looking.

BUT if you are a real diver - and not a desk diver like most of us here - it's probably the Deep Blue you should get.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Deep Blue, I like the design and the lume looks nice.
The C. Ward looks like a Rolex hommage (as stated on their own website ;-))

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
I have a Trident. It's a nice watch. I've never seen a Deep Blue in person.
The Deep Blue is a BIG watch, that I know from the specs.
Do you want and can you wear that BIG a watch?

·
Banned
276 Posts
I would go with the Christopher Ward every time. What killed Deep Blue for me was flipping the channels and seeing the same cheese balls selling Invicta on shopnbc selling Deep Blue. Pass.

They're also two very different watches in terms of size. DB is 45mm and CW is 42. I've seen pics of the DB and it wears a lot bigger than that 45, as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Go deep blue there's a sale going on 30% nearly new watches
where is this sale?

edit: that was misleading, I thought you meant a sale on deep blue! Not CW.

Reactions: Gary123

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have a Deepblue Daynight Recon myself (ETA movement) and absolutly love the watch. My 1 complaint about the watch is that it's quite bulky at 45mm x 16mm. It wears a little larger then that IMO, but except for that small detail, I love the watch. The tritium is really cool looking and works great.

I was also considering the CW but eventually decided to go for the DeepBlue.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Strictly a matter of taste.

Deep Blue: larger, a bit more macho, GTLS light source, robust looking sport watch. If you've never had a GTLS illuminated watch, it can be very useful, and kind of fun. Always a guaranteed read in low or no light. Micro adjustments on the band are very nice - hot weather, cold weather, gym workouts - all change your wrist size. Half links are very nice for best sizing.

CW: A bit dressier, but on the sporty side. That blue bezel would get scratched up pretty quick if it were my watch, and I personally don't go for that floating dot of lume for the hour. Its a lot of blue, but you may like that.

Reactions: Perdendosi

·
Moderator Public Forum
2,879 Posts
I have always been a fan of the C60 Trident. I just have not had the opportunity to see it in person. Someone had one at our last GTG but he left before I arrived. Dan (Drickster) said he was not blown away by the quality. They have changed the rubber strap and bracelet since I first was introduced to the C60 and I do not like the new look of these items.

On the other hand, I own a Deep Blue and I was immediately impressed with the quality to value ratio. I love my Deep Blue. So, without any direct experience with the C60, I have to vote Deep Blue.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Two VERY different watches. The CW is more refined. Build quality is generally nice on both brands.

Reactions: samdwich

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I'd keep looking, I think there are better options than either. Perhaps a Stowa Seatime. If I had to chose, I'd go for the Deep Blue because that Christopher Ward seems like a mishmash of Rolex and Omega homage style components thrown all together. I also prefer the hard lines of the dial on the Deep Blue to the curves of the CW.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
DeepBlue selling on ShopNBC along with Invicta doesn't bother me at all......the fact, ppl actually got real good price for a good watch.
Which rarely happen on TV.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I had a look at the stowa but didnt really like it tbh. Theres alot of vots for the deep blue but I feel im still edging towards the C.W. im not a pro diver its more something im going to do as a hobby. So I supose it will be more everyday use really but I want something that will survive what I want to do. The deep blue is real nice though. I live in england so if theres any probs I can get intouch with C.W. direct . I like the look of the C.W. more as well, i like the omega but I prefer the hands and the eluminous of the deep blue.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I would go with the Deep Blue, the finishing on that watch is beautiful, not to mention the dial is breathtaking with the oil pressed wave patterns. Also the tritium is out of this world, it is bright, clean, and very easy to read in the dark. However, keep in mind that the watch wears way larger than 46MM. It looks humongous on the wrist, close to 48-49MM and the bracelet is quiet thick too, so it is a huge presence on the wrist.

So when you make your final decision, keep in mind that the Deep Blue is quiet large. I personally love mine but don't quiet wear it as much because of it's size.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
July 2nd will be the sale and they will have a several watches including c60.
this is also misleading. OP is asking about the blue bezel c60, which is not part of this sale.

anyway deep blue is too thick at nearly 16mm. i own several christopher ward watches, and i would go for the c60.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts