WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ladies and gents...here goes my first attempt at a wristwatch review!

Oh happy day! I came home from work today to a happy sight...a package sitting at my front door! Hooray!

I quickly grabbed it and ran inside. First because it's well below freezing and second...I got a new watch. So I fed the dog and looked for the place in my house that I could snap a few pictures.

Fine packing job, the Deep Blue case was kept from moving around, but the case itself feels cheap and flimsy. It looks vaguely like a pelican case, minus the heavy duty plastic and watertight capabilities. The foam didn't really fit the sea ram, it looks as if it is made for a watch on a band, but it protected the watch just fine, and let's be honest, nobody buys a watch for the case.

K, now the fun part! The sea ram is an imposing watch. 45mm width, 51 lug to lug and 15mm thick. From the moment I picked up the watch I knew I had a solid timepiece on my hands.

In some of the pics it may look as if the glass is foggy...it's from going fr cold to hot, as I couldn't wait to open!

The red of the bezel and hands and hands contrasts nicely with the think green of the lume and the white on the face/bezel. I realize it looks vaguely like a peppermint candy, and I'm just fine with that! I do object to the orange lettering above the six. I wish it were black or red, but the unusual date placement is a nice touch.

This is a big watch, and with the silicone strap it wears as such. By far my biggest, the sheer height of it may make it difficult to wear with long sleeves. (I'll let ya know tomorrow!). At 24mm it takes a big strap, and I'm thinking about a red NATO (might as well go all out!).

I find myself attracted to unusual looking wrist wear, and this certainly is that. The enamel of the dial and the ceramic on the bezel seem to glow. Combine that with the big bright sword style hands and you have a very visible very subtlety noticeable watch. (That's a thing, right??)

The movement used is the Swiss RONDA 715 quartz. I did not think I would be buying another quartz, especially a $300 one, but I loved this style so much I was willing to make an exception. There is certainly something to be said for the ease of use in a grab and go watch.

Overall, 1/2 hour into wearing this watch I am quite pleased with the quality and solid feel of the Sea Ram. I was also incredibly pleased with the customer service. From emails answered within 15 minutes, to free shipping, every step of the way deep blue has been present and helpful. Good stuff over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Congrats! That is by far my favorite DB right now and I'd even overlook the quartz had they offered a bracelet. The white ceramic models are just gorgeous.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using a monkey.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats! That is by far my favorite DB right now and I'd even overlook the quartz had they offered a bracelet. The white ceramic models are just gorgeous.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using a monkey.
Chief, its true, this watch needs a bracelet. With a watch this big I need to be able to move it around…slide it up my arm to put on gloves, down when readjusting. We all know that "flick" that watch wearers use to readjust. I think ill be looking at a shark mesh.

·
Registered
447 Posts
What is the bezel made out of? Plastic? Everytime I look at that series of watch it reminds me of the Ice Watch.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
It looks like a fun watch! Congrats on your new Deep Blue!

·
Registered
20,689 Posts
I hesitated to buy this watch before Christmas, Deep Blue offered 25% off on all watches. Now with this review I regret my choice, this is a nice looking piece!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
nice deep blue score!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, the bezel is ceramic.

On the website it states that the regular price for this watch is $399 and the sale price is $299. I do not know if this is a permanent "sale" price or in fact a limited time offer. Either way, 300 is a pretty good deal for this hunk o steel.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm glad you fed your dog first. I'm sure it took a lot of restraint, but they appreciate it!

Good thing my cat likes boxes so much he forgets he's hungry and has to inspect.

ANYWAY, the white bezel is a nice touch. I'm the kind of person who'd be picky about the whites matching, so it'd be interesting to see how the materials age. Also, the cases are seriously awesome. They remind me of guitar or camera travel cases. I think it makes the watches feel like instruments, more utilitarian. Perfect for a diver.

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: JacobSimon

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Sweet looking watch!! Definitely one of my favorite Deep Blue's. I love red accents on a watch. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Just got the sea ram 500 quartz with green dial. Wow. It's hefty, substantial, and a really nice alternate to my omega seamaster. Check this out!! And I irdered the SS bracelet as an option. I like it without the bracelet but the bracelet is so huge and hefty I think it's worth having!

Attachments

Reactions: ChiefWahoo

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well done! Congrats!

I bought one with the blue dial, and since it was delivered never went out of my wrist (with Panatime 24mm NATO 3 Rings PVD):

FullSizeRender3.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts