WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
They are Deep. And Blue.

OK, I've never owned one, but they seem generally well regarded, especially at the discounted prices that are frequently available. Plenty of discussion of them here and in Dive Watches.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Too big 44mm, or too small 40mm, (for myself of course). For the most popular, and best priced model, the Master 1000.

Loads of great dial and bezel colours, some abalone and MOP, even some patterned dials. Generally all brushed steel. Finishing okay, but wrist presence great.

Some good deals, and good value at those prices. But not worth their full RRP, compared to the competition.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Too big 44mm, or too small 40mm, (for myself of course). For the most popular, and best priced model, the Master 1000.

Loads of great dial and bezel colours, some abalone and MOP, even some patterned dials. Generally all brushed steel. Finishing okay, but wrist presence great.

Some good deals, and good value at those prices. But not worth their full RRP, compared to the competition.
The 40mm wears like a 42, in fact it measures 41.2

·
Registered
884 Posts
What is everyone’s thoughts on Deep Blue watches?
Right, I live in the UK, where Deep Blue is very rare. I recently purchased a 40mm 1000 diver with an abalone dial, and it's fantastic value for money. It's a well put together tool dive watch with a good spec. I made a YouTube video on it (below). I apologise in advance for the poor quality, but it's a lot harder than you may think.

Reactions: rmeron

·
Registered
884 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I love Deep Blue and think it is one of the better value watches for the $. They are always on sale so dont pay retail. For the sale price you cant go wrong. A bit bulky but not over bulky IMO but I have big wrist. I own maybe 9 of the Master 1000 and have not had a problem with any of them. I dont wear them daily tho.
They have a great verity for the buyer, which I really like too.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts

I’ve had quite a few through the years. Excellent value for the money. Now, with the ceramic bezel’s in the 40mm that plays definitely closer to a 42mm, I’ve really enjoyed this iteration. I have all of the bracelet options, and at 22mm the strap options are endless. I’ve also done some customizations with the current 40mm models that I have. Just a lot of fun for the bucks. My wife opted for a number of the recent 36mm divers as well…

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
They make really solid watches that can be a terrific value at sale prices. As others have said, they are large. They were very popular among the WUS crowd maybe 5-8 years ago, but they have since been overshadowed in the value for money category by the Chinese brands. And, there are more micro brands out there now competing for our money.

I currently own three. I owned and sold a fourth that I didn’t quite gel with for whatever reason.

They are the subject of at least one appreciation thread in the dive watch forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have bought three over the years and two had issues (wonky bezel, bent bracelet pins). Their prices are good but they are too thick and I would go for a watch with more stable QC.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Some Deep Blue models appeal to me with their stylings...as mentioned, they are large and bulky.

I find they're more comfortable on NATO's as opposed to the bracelets. They're better with rubber straps too, imho.

The timekeeping on my Jug III is very, very good.

If you can get a model you fancy on the cheap, it should be a solid performer for you and you'll likely judge it as money well spent.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I am very disappointed in DB. I got a watch for Christmas 2019 and the date would not advance. 9 months after I sent it in, I got it back. 1 month later, the date no longer advances.
I contacted DB and they said that all the functions were checked prior to them sending it out. They have stopped emailing me.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I am very disappointed in DB. I got a watch for Christmas 2019 and the date would not advance. 9 months after I sent it in, I got it back. 1 month later, the date no longer advances.
I contacted DB and they said that all the functions were checked prior to them sending it out. They have stopped emailing me.

View attachment 15548916
Of course, the fault is due to the manufacturer of the movement, in this instance Seiko. For the price of a new movement I am confused why they didn't just put a new one in it. Are you making sure you are not adjusting the date when the hands are at the top of the dial?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Of course, the fault is due to the manufacturer of the movement, in this instance Seiko. For the price of a new movement I am confused why they didn't just put a new one in it. Are you making sure you are not adjusting the date when the hands are at the top of the dial?
Yes the hands arent at noon. I have the Sellita SW-200 watch.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I really want to own one but they are ridiculously thick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts