WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post for a recent addition to the forum. Its all proved very informative and has actually broadened my watch Horizons!

Anyway, a few years ago I purchased my dream watch...a Breitling Navitimer and have had many years of enjoyment with it, but I have been hankering after a new watch recently so I joined this forum to do some investigative ogling.
Started looking in earnest a few weeks ago at a new Tissot MotoGp which for some reason I have always admired, then was drawn to the 45.5mm Omega Planet Ocean (8500 mov), this led to my considering a new Panerai Marina Pam 90 (another dream watch for me) and then onto the Navitimer B01 LE, but over the weeks of procrastination I never seriously considered a Rolex.. Why I do not know but any I tried on in the past seemed rattly and a little underwhelming to me. The dealer suggested a Rolex Submariner which did not change my opinion then I think out of exasperation brought out the Sea Dweller 116660. I was blown away and done the deal there and then. The dealer I purchased it from focuses on Rolex and is a bricks and mortar business built up over several decades so the deal I got for a mint watch less than a year old was very good in my opinion. Only downside that despite having all boxes, certs, papers, tags etc I did not get the manual.. Is anyone in a position to explain how the divers mech extension operates??

I am very impressed so far....4 hours and counting..... and look forward to many a year doing everything with my new friend.....except diving perhaps.

S.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Congratulation new SDDS owner! Where are the pictures? There is not much on the manual really, buckle works instinctively, just play with it...

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Here you are then...

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Congrats! The Deep Sea is in a category of its own. I love all my watches, but the DS just a little nicer, a little more solid, and I never tire of looking at it.

Deacon

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I am very impressed so far....4 hours and counting..... and look forward to many a year doing everything with my new friend.....except diving perhaps.

S.
Too bad you wont dive your SDDS, she will miss the water :(
Mine wont miss it!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Congratulations on your [new to you] Rolex DSSD! Sounds like you got a great deal on an awesome watch. I'm sure you'll grow to appreciate it more and more everyday. The above manual should help you out and, as someone else mentioned, just playing with the band will help you to learn to adjust it for that perfect fit. My SD (16600) says hello to your DSSD! :-!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Reactions: Nishant and mikeynd

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Very, very nice Rolex DSSD!
Enjoy it.

cheers,
Jake.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
@Spit161: We need the same "patch" of yours in your signature for Rolex SDDS owner, where do you get those?

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Congratulations on the DSSD, awesome watch. :-!
I purchased mine in January and never tire of looking at it.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
@Spit161: We need the same "patch" of yours in your signature for Rolex SDDS owner, where do you get those?
PM Sent.

cheers,
Jake.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
I can't afford one,but i enjoy the gorgeous pictures of these gorgeous Rolex's..Congrats to the OP I am so jealous,,hehe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts