WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,
brand new in this forum, just got this rangeman and seeking for help.
found some dead spots on the display, when i pressed the left upper button, and when i m in the baro mode. see the attached pics.
Is this defected or..?
greatly appreciate for any input , thanks~

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
My Mudman does the same thing in the eye of the compass/second graph. I never could figure out what the purpose is. Doesn't seem to be any logic there. You're watch is not faulty. Some where there is a reason, only Casio knows. OR is there anybody out there???? That knows?? SPEAK!

·
Registered
68 Posts
d2mac is absolutely right, rest easy OP your watch is functioning as designed. It's just due to the small y-axis range of the barometer trend graph. For pretty much all of these trend graphs, both Gs and ProTreks, the y-axis only covers 8-10 hPa of pressure change (1 pixel = 1 hPa). If the weather changes quickly (or you change elevation quickly) the past pressure trend is beyond the vertical scale limits. Take a three hour drive from the coast to the mountains and you'll see just a single pressure dot in the lower right, signifying the recent pressure values were all much higher than the current pressure. Take a three hour drive from the mountains to the coast and you'll see just a single pressure dot in the upper right, signifying the recent pressure values were all much lower than the current pressure.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
the white dots? it's graphic for barometer trend xD
i assume u just got it out of the box. either the reading before out of range as d2mac said or maybe because it was in PS mode? i can'r recall if the sensor still active or not during PS's hibernate. maybe other members can chime in.
Anyway, nice Rangeman, enjoy it :D

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
On most G-Shocks, you can initiate a display test by pressing the Bottom Left, Bottom Right & Top Left buttons simultaneously. Pressing the Bottom Right button will scroll through the various display test screens then escape.

I don't have a Rangeman, but this works on all of my digital G-Shocks.

BTW, based on what I see, I don't think there is anything wrong with the display on your Rangeman, as others in this thread have indicated.

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
If you are talking about the 5 and 4 dots in the barometer, its a barometer reading !!

Sometimes only a few dots appear sometimes a whole lot more depending on where you are located.

cheers

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
the white dots? it's graphic for barometer trend xD
i assume u just got it out of the box. either the reading before out of range as d2mac said or maybe because it was in PS mode? i can'r recall if the sensor still active or not during PS's hibernate. maybe other members can chime in.
Anyway, nice Rangeman, enjoy it :D
yes, the barometer still works in PS mode.

·
Banned
11 Posts
Yours is a different model to mine however there is a display test you can do. All I would suggest is you send it back to Casio. My display function fail only happened in the temperature mode. Thy display worked in all other modes

·
Registered
12,316 Posts
d2mac is absolutely right, rest easy OP your watch is functioning as designed. It's just due to the small y-axis range of the barometer trend graph. For pretty much all of these trend graphs, both Gs and ProTreks, the y-axis only covers 8-10 hPa of pressure change (1 pixel = 1 hPa). If the weather changes quickly (or you change elevation quickly) the past pressure trend is beyond the vertical scale limits. Take a three hour drive from the coast to the mountains and you'll see just a single pressure dot in the lower right, signifying the recent pressure values were all much higher than the current pressure. Take a three hour drive from the mountains to the coast and you'll see just a single pressure dot in the upper right, signifying the recent pressure values were all much lower than the current pressure.
if you read the whole thread, his watch isnt broken.

·
Registered
13,963 Posts
Push the upper left button to get the date back if you don't want to read the manual and learn what you're seeing.

Reactions: Steelerswit
1 - 14 of 14 Posts