WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Zenith people!

So I’ve got my hands on a (obviously used) Defy Classic Elite power reserve (black face). The watch is in very good condition overall, but the bezel is turning freely in both direction. I’ve never encountered this particular model before, but every other defy Classic/defy xtreme i’ve Seen/own have uni-directional bezel that has clicks and does not rotate freely. I’ve wondered if I just missed something and such bezel actually existed or the watch is faulty or badly fixed and should not perform like that? Any insight would be helpful because I either have to return it to seller while I can or leave it be if that’s not out of ordinary.

Thanks a lot!

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,409 Posts
I do know that unidirectional bezels are mainly restricted to diver's watches but I always believed that the Nataf Defy on the whole satisfies this condition (or was intended to do so). I don't own the model but from what I can see on the www, it seems that the bezel is supposed to be unidirectional. I suspect that your watch is faulty.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hi fellow Zenith people!

So I’ve got my hands on a (obviously used) Defy Classic Elite power reserve (black face). The watch is in very good condition overall, but the bezel is turning freely in both direction. I’ve never encountered this particular model before, but every other defy Classic/defy xtreme i’ve Seen/own have uni-directional bezel that has clicks and does not rotate freely. I’ve wondered if I just missed something and such bezel actually existed or the watch is faulty or badly fixed and should not perform like that? Any insight would be helpful because I either have to return it to seller while I can or leave it be if that’s not out of ordinary.

Thanks a lot!
I just read recently on this forum (can’t remember where) where a fellow modified his watch so that the bezel would move freely in both directions, without clicks. Iirc he had a single part removed to accomplish this. Perhaps the previous owner did something similar to your watch. If so maybe it’s an easy fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
813 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Biggest thanks for all the insights! The watch IS faulty indeed! When I fiddled a bit more with it and tried to rotate the bezel more, I’ve noticed that occasionally on CCW rotations the ratcheting system does engage as intended! So it is in there, it’s just that outer ring of the bezel does not hold tight for some inner part or something like that. The seller did agree to take back the Watch and we will see if he will just fix it or I will try to find different piece.

Thanks again!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts