WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed Shane Delaurian around Thanksgiving to order a strap for my SEAL Tactical. To my surprise, he contacted me later that evening suggesting the size I would need and quoted a price. I returned his email stating I wanted to order the strap and to send me a PayPal invoice when he was ready to manufacture the strap.

I have yet to hear back from him. I know he is a one man company and very busy. I know I am being impatient, but was just curious to know what the typical wait period is for Delaurian strap. Also, I know the holiday season has probably affected his output. I know he reads and posts to this forum (Cousteau diver) so please understand I am just impatient.

Happy New Year to all

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Shane made a tan lizard strap for my SEAL about two months ago. I had to wait about 4 weeks to get it - but it was well worth it. I know that waiting sucks but rest assured knowing that a Delaurian strap is a masterpiece and will be outstanding on your watch.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Not sure what the wait is like--when I got mine a while back it was VERY VERY fast.

But, I was confused about the ordering process--it turned out he wanted payment before making the strap. Once I PayPal'd him all went well.

I suggest either emailing him again about whether to pay first, or just sending the PayPal payment directly.

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
I think it depends on what strap you are ordering and the back log. I ordered two black widow straps from Shane, and I emailed with him a few times on one morning. Five, yes FIVE hours later I had another email indicating that the straps were finished and being put into the mail.

This was earlier in the year before Shane moved to France.

Whatever the wait time is, it is well worth it IMHO..

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Shane provided the fastest delivery on a handmade item I have ever bought. I think it was two or three days from the moment I paid. I couldn't believe how well made the strap was. I wish I could say the same for the watch I put the strap on. :-d

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
I emailed Shane Delaurian around Thanksgiving to order a strap for my SEAL Tactical. To my surprise, he contacted me later that evening suggesting the size I would need and quoted a price. I returned his email stating I wanted to order the strap and to send me a PayPal invoice when he was ready to manufacture the strap.

I have yet to hear back from him. I know he is a one man company and very busy. I know I am being impatient, but was just curious to know what the typical wait period is for Delaurian strap. Also, I know the holiday season has probably affected his output. I know he reads and posts to this forum (Cousteau diver) so please understand I am just impatient.

Happy New Year to all

Problem I'm having at the moment is not the time spent building of any straps, but the Volume of Emails I'm having are exceeding 200 each day between the 22nd thru 28th 300+ DAILY!(No personal Mail except from one Kobold forum member and His dear wife, and that was not strap related just 1 out of 300) so all I can do is answer them as best as I can, I'm trying to get a system down for making this run more smoothly but as yet to no avail, being a one man operator is Difficult, to keep everyone happy, but I sincerely do try:-! .

I realize impatience is one of our faults, I'm one of the Worlds most impatient, and that is why I try to get the strap built ASAP purely because of that fact, because I too hate waiting.

Shane.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I have at least 10 DeLaurians. The wait is worth it. The wait is worth it. The wait is worth it.

Shane's straps totally change the watch experience. I wouldn't wear anything but a DeLaurian. I have watches I was not that enthuised about and then I put on a DeLaurian and suddenly the watch is a keeper.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Even waiting a year is worth it...

I'll second mr2blue's opinion (statement of fact, actually): Shane's straps are a must-have, and I can't wait to pick up another one for my incoming Panerai 112. My only dilemma is what style and color to go for. I'm definitely going to have another Stitchless Black Widow made for it, but what else? Decisions, decisions...

Anyway, good luck with the business Shane, and expect to have me adding to your stress and headaches in a week or so.

Regards,
Adam

PS - It was about a week turnaround from the first email contact (which was seemingly answered before I even sent it) to when the strap arrived at my doorstep. Mind you, this was back in July, so business was probably a bit slower (summer doldrums, I 'spose).

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looking for a strap for brand new SMG-1(titanium), looking at Delaurian, any suggestions on which model strap to complement this fine time piece?Thanks in advance.

James

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Looking for a strap for brand new SMG-1(titanium), looking at Delaurian, any suggestions on which model strap to complement this fine time piece?Thanks in advance.

James
You might consider the "Black Widow". They look great on the Seal and SOA. I am sure they would look just as good on a SMG-1.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
My sentiments exactly, Malyel. :-!

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
124 Posts
Anybody know what the waiting period would be for a Black widow strap for an SMG-1, what about the cost also? thanks in advance.

James

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
I wouldn't post the price on the forum, as I am sure Shane would rather discuss that through e-mail.

As stated before, wait period depends on Shane's backlog, but the black widow seems like a pretty straight forward piece to make (I have no 1st hand knowledge though).

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
I wouldn't post the price on the forum, as I am sure Shane would rather discuss that through e-mail.

As stated before, wait period depends on Shane's backlog, but the black widow seems like a pretty straight forward piece to make (I have no 1st hand knowledge though).

Thanks Warren,
What makes the BW strap easier to build, and ship faster, is the fact I don't stitch the strap,so instead of building and then having the strap sit in the (to be stitched inbox),they go in the Shipping pile immediately, and what I usually do is build any Black Widow's in between building other stuff, trying to get this down to a fine science, it's like I said in my previous post, the strap building is the easy part, it's all the Emails I get , now that is time consuming and the real hard part, if I had someone answering the mail, I would be a happy camper, as that surely would end some stress, but I like the idea of keeping this a totally one Man show.

Shane.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Okay, I'll demonstrate my ignorance. What's a Black Widow look like and how suitable is it for a S/S Seal?

Thanks in advance.

James

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Thanks, Warren. Is it comfortable and does it stand up to use and abuse?

James

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
James,

It is very comfortable, and very thick indeed. It has held up to everything I have thrown at it, and have put it on most of my watches with the same lug width. I only have the black one now, I stupidly sold the brown strap when I sold my SS Seal. Now the black widow is on my SOA, and will be going back onto the Ti Seal once I am back into short sleeve shirts at work come spring.

I would recommend any of Shane's products. When I initially ordered both straps, the black one was a bit too short on one end (the brown BW was just a bit thinner), and when I asked if I could get a larger size piece, Shane sent one out without charge within a day.

So while I don't forsee the Black Widow distinegrating anytime soon, let it be known that Shane seems to stand behind his products 110%, if (and I don't think there would be) there would be an issue with anything.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Thanks for the help and information, Warren. That's what I wanted to hear. I'll contact Shane and see what he says.

Ciao,

James

1 - 19 of 19 Posts