WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Bulova Marine Star watch (98c62) in the mail two days ago that I ordered on ebay.
This is the first watch I bought that shows both the day and the date. By any chance, does anyone know if this is normal? At midnight, the date changes as it's supposed to. However, the day does not. So, just a few hours ago here in Vancouver, the watch date changed to show the 14th, but it still shows "THUR". At 02:30 am, I noticed that the day read "JUEY". By 04:30 am, the day finally shows "FRID". It takes four and a half hours to fully update the day, whereas it took minutes to update the date.
I'm hoping that this is normal, that Bulova designed it thinking that most people aren't up between midnight and 04:30am (I sometimes work graveyards). I have warranty, but sending it to Bulova in Toronto is a bit of a hassle.

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
sorry no one replied to this. Its normal on a day/date for the delay. Even on a watch with just the date wheel, they can change before 12 or take there sweet time changing after 12. As long as they both change, your watch is fine.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Yes, I agree. The date changes very quickly on a Bulova, but the day lags behind a bit. You can always give their customer service folks a call to confirm it...and if they don't have a clue in Toronto, call the New York office - I deal with them regularly for my Marine Star (and more recently on some Wittnauers I'm having serviced), and they've always gone the extra mile and answered all my questions.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts