WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are dozens of those small blue demagnetizer boxes on Amazon. Most of them have either no reviews or negative reviews! There are lots of reports of non-working boxes. Does anyone have a reliable source of a working product?

·
Registered
925 Posts
I think they're all coming from the same factory/ies in China, so it's easier to simply get 1 at the lowest price from Amazon & return for replacement if you get 1 that doesn't work. We're only talking $11-12, after all. FWIW, mine worked right out of the box.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Silly question, but is there a simple test to know if your demagnetizer works? I have one of those blue ones from amazon and the light turns on, but is anything happening?
The box is just an electromagnet, so take a screwdriver, scissors or other ferrous metal object & hold it next to the top of the box while pressing the button. Depending on how close the object is, you should be able to feel/see it being drawn to the box & start vibrating.

·
Registered
28,621 Posts
The cheap ones do seem to work out ok.

I have a good one from esslinger and it does the same job as my cheapie from Amazon.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All,

Thank you for the helpful comments. I ordered an inexpensive Bluebox demagnetizer for $10. Hopefully it will work!

·
Registered
115 Posts
My blue box seems to work especially for tools or small parts.
Found an old Pro-Craft box on fleaBay that easily demagnetized a watch the blue box couldn't.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought the mystery blue box from ebay. TBH I was afraid it would set on fire and was a bit difficult to get results from, but eventually it worked.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Bought one from Amazon (UK) where most demagnitisers seem to be made by the same company.

The demagnitiser cost around 8 pounds and arrived with a non-UK plug (should be a China plug). There was no instruction manual so I had to YouTube for tutorial.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts