WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm trying to find out which watch brands used Denison 13322 stamped cases?

Omega and Longines seem to be the brands that are often mentioned using these,but would be good to hear about other brands?

Many thanks

Lee

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Lee, crazily late reply but I have only just seen this while searching for something else. I have kept a loose track of these Dennison cases for a little while and have seen many manufacturers use this great utility case. The case came with a plated mid-case and stainless steel back, stainless steel, silver, 9ct and 18ct, the latter very rare. The earliest seen to date is 1939 (silver), the latest 1965 (gold) .It was used as far as I know by:

Omega - most common, earliest and only brand seen in a silver case dated 1939. Plated, s/s, and gold 9 & 18ct
Longines - plated, s/s, gold
SmithS - plated
Movado - gold
IWC - 9ct gold
Olivant and Botsford - gold
Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
395 Posts
I also have a Dennison Denisteel (their stainless brand) case with a Marc Favre movement, looks like early 1940s. I remember seeing some Vertex (Revue) too.
It might be difficult to list all brands because a lot of watches for the english market were sold unbranded. This is the case for my Marc Favre, actually I'm not even a hundred percent sure it's a Favre because there are absolutely no markings on the movement, it's just my guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi 707mm2, any chance of a pic or two. I ha e never seen a Favre movement in a 13322 case.
Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm not sure it's a "13322", all I remember is that it's a Dennison. I'll try to get some pics as soon as I can, sadly I'm not confined at my home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi 707, yes, there are a lot of designs of Dennison cases for sure. I would say rather than open it to look at the inner case back measure between the lugs first, if it's 18mm then it is likely to be a 13322, if it is 16mm it definitely isn't. Case diameter of a 13322 is a tad over 33mm exc crown.
Cheers
Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts