WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discovered this Dennison box in a junk shop it is constructed of cardboard and i wondered if it was originally used for delivery of the watch to the retailer who then changed to his own box. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
18,169 Posts
I suspect this was for the retail sale of a replacement case. I would not expect bulk delivery of cases to manufacturers would be done with these individual packages... but it might have!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts

Nice Find here is some copies I took to post for you I would love to get hold of a Howard,Davis & Dennison watch the beginning of the 1857 movement that turned in to waltham it's strange that they all went there differnt ways and Dennison ended up making watch cases.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Dennison all so obtained a contract to supply waltham U.K. with cases I think in 1879 the company was called Dennison,Wigley & Company at Terrace Road,Handsworth England then he started doing good he had a lot of bad luck before that first was what I told you about in the other post Howard,Davis & Dennison there company was called the American Waltham Watch co it lasted from 1851-1857 in 1857 the company failed then dennison started another watch co in 1864 - 1866 called Tremont Watch co it to failed but when he started that case co in England he did OK I got a Tremont Watch if you want me to post it let me know

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Back in the day the watch movement was bought separately and cased up at the jeweler, so this is a watch case box. A lot of American Walthams ended up in Dennison cases in the UK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts