WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One very happy Matty:)

Something told me to check out Ebay on Sunday night, just a feeling that there may be a bargain out there to be had:think:

I was right

The strap is just something I threw on whilst I wait for something more suitable but it enables me to enjoy this beauty|>
IMG_1133_zpscbace946.jpg

Nice domeage (is that a word?)
IMG_1137_zps73c5ab26.jpg

Fab two tone dial
IMG_1134_zps39888e94.jpg

It shows some age but that's ok with me
IMG_1136_zpsf2d5875a.jpg

Vertex revue movement (sellers pic)
_12_zpsc5134dde.jpg

I was the second bidder and got this for the price of a take away meal for four;-) either I've got a bargain or I've missed something glaringly obvious:think:

Hope you like

Matt

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
Great watch Matt, these are kind of missed on ebay. I paid just about the same as you did for my Record red 12 model! ;-)

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice. You are right to be happy though I'm not sure about those hands. Threw on huh? You've clearly been spending far too much time on the trendier forums ;)
You mean F11 isn't one of the Trendier forums??? I thought as the fashion watches are starting to resemble some of our vintage models, that would put those of us who wear the originals at the forefront of the trend:-d.

Matt

·
Registered
285 Posts
It is a great Piece! awesome!
Pure bargain! I feel motivated to look and work harder :)
P.S
Mirius got a point, Free soap 4 the strap! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just started an old Vertex after very many years. I am going to attempt to post pictures. Keeping perfect time!
Is there any way I can date this watch? Can someone help me?
It has the name VERTEX on the face and directly underneath a sort of arrow pointing to the VERTEX (if that makes any sense!)
The hands are brass filled with green luminous paint.....and the circular second hand is in the bottom half of the watch!
On the back (it's a steel screwed case) it has the following:
W.W.W
Underneath is that same arrow head!
A 4751
35 | 7667

On one of the lugs holding the strap there is stamped 472.
would really appreciate some feedback
Thanks
JamesBotch

PS How do I post pictures?

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have just started an old Vertex after very many years. I am going to attempt to post pictures. Keeping perfect time!
Is there any way I can date this watch? Can someone help me?
It has the name VERTEX on the face and directly underneath a sort of arrow pointing to the VERTEX (if that makes any sense!)
The hands are brass filled with green luminous paint.....and the circular second hand is in the bottom half of the watch!
On the back (it's a steel screwed case) it has the following:
W.W.W
Underneath is that same arrow head!
A 4751
35 | 7667

On one of the lugs holding the strap there is stamped 472.
would really appreciate some feedback
Thanks
JamesBotch

PS How do I post pictures?
You have a Vertex Watch Wristlet Waterproof there by the sounds of it my old fruit, very nice indeed and quite sought after by some collectors as it's part of the dirty dozen.

All we need now is pic's to oggle.

Matt

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yes James that is indeed a Vertex WWW and a very nice one too, as for the info it's picked up over time. The Interweb is a great place for research but even that cannot beat the collective knowledge of the folks here on the Vintage and pocket watch forum on Watchuseek.

Try this link for a full run down of the Dirty dozen
Matt

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You could try but It'll be from around 1943 ish I'd guess, if you start a new thread about it some one more knowledgable will be bound to show up and give you some more info.

Matt

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
The movement looks uber clean,great catch!
(Btw....What is the collective term for more than one Vertex........Verti..?)

Reactions: busmatt
1 - 14 of 14 Posts