WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I currently have a deployant clasp model FC5014 that came off of my Carrera calibre 5. I want to use it for a different watch so I need it to be 20mm at the lug and 18mm at the buckle. There is not a lot of variety when I search for 20mm Carrera straps since most are are 19mm. I noticed that the Breitling straps have similar designs and also a bigger selection but I'm not sure if the thickness will play a role. Has anyone fitted Breitling style straps on their FC5014 deployant clasp?

Thanks,

·
Registered
164 Posts
No experience with Breitling - but about a year ago I bought 2 rally straps - one for each of my FC5014 clasps (an authentic TH strap replacement 19-18mm and an aftermarket one 20-18mm). I wear the aftermarket one more (because of the watch - not because of the strap). Both are black perf leather with beige leather lining. The TH strap is superior in quality, even a little stiffer and slightly more padded - but the aftermarket is fantastic as well - would definitely by another. The thickness at the clasp is critical - hence why I stuck with these two options only. And I was looking for black. A dark brown one?.. that may be harder to source. Maybe other members here could help...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I would suggest having another look, since there are loads of 20mm straps available, either from TAG Heuer or 3rd parties.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would suggest having another look, since there are loads of 20mm straps available, either from TAG Heuer or 3rd parties.
I didn't see a lot of 20mm straps that were compatible with the deployant clasp. Do you have any links you can share?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts