WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just bought a flieger, the leather strap of fleiger, as usual, is thick, and it takes more time to get in and out of the watch with the original pin and buckle.

I am thinking to get a deployant clasp.

My choice:

Single fold / sport deployant clasp or double fold butterfly push button deployant clasp?

As understand from a watchshop fellow, double fold butterfly push button deployant clasp is bunckier, since the fleiger's strap is already so thick, it may not look nice with the double fold. He recommends Hirsch Sport single fold deployant clasp.

I bought the Hirsch as he recommended. The fleiger from germany, so strap is longer (i am asian), so i have to wear it at last hole. This make the plate of clasp sitting at position 7 - 9 pm clockwise if wrist face down. I can feel the plate slight press my wrist, nothing serious / pain, just courious as this is the 1st time i use deployant. Is this normal?

Need your expert advice:
Q1 : Is this normal?
Q2 : which deployant style work better with thick fleiger strap, sport / single or double fold?

Many thanks in advance.

Tony.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Re: Deployant Clasp for Fleiger

The problem with a deployment on a leather strap is you can never position it exactly where you want it under your wrist... you are always limited by the length of the buckle side of the strap.
If it's too long, or too short, the deployment will not sit right.

With a bracelet you can move links from one side of the deployment to the other. This means you can position the watch and clasp perfectly.

Personally I prefer leather to s/steel. It's just a pain finding the one you want with the right lengths of leather.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,705 Posts

Deleted the other post on our GWF, one thread should be sufficient.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

You are absolutely right.
I am facing the exact problem that you mentioned.

·
Registered
357 Posts

Di-Modell Jumbo strap with a single-fold RHD deployant. On any thick strap, you really need a single-fold. It puts the metal mechanism on the side where you have only one thickness of strap. The fit of any deployant depends upon the shape and size of your wrist and the length of the strap pieces. My wrist is 6.75", and I can wear only a single-fold clasp. You can always punch another hole to make the fit perfect.

Lum-Tec Combat B14 #06.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

My Hirsch deployant sport single fold clasp dig into my side wrist, make it uncomfortable to wear. It leave a deep mark after a half day on my wrist.

I have just swifted back to tang buckle, it is so much more comfortable.

I understand the strap may not last longer than using clasp, but who care. We change strap after couple years, right? Since leather strap starts to smell fishy after couple years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts