WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just purchased my first watch of any quality...I got a Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic 40mm with a silver dial and brown band. I really liked the look of the silver dial and tan ostrich strap on the Hamilton GMT 2 so I have since ordered a similar looking tan ostrich band for this watch (Hamilton only made the band in a 22mm and I need a 20mm for my watch).

Anyways, my question has to do with deployment clasps for leather bands. How do I know if a clasp is for a metal or leather band when I order online, or are they interchangeable? I have been debating between a generic clasp or real Hamilton one, any thoughts here, or good locations to purchase either?

Also, I am considering buying a metal band to go with this as well and may rotate from time to time. Are there any reputable online sources for this type of thing?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks! Oh and what do others thing about my plan to replace the band with a tan ostrich on this watch?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Deployants for leather bands are definitely not interchangeable, as their clasps most often have a pin to insert into the sizing holes in the leather band.

For metal band for the Viewmatic, you should go into an AD to have them sell you, or order, an original Hamilton band that will fit your particular watch. If you buy third-party band without trying it on first, it may not fit well.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
There's a ebay member sells those depolyment strap(sans the tongue cutout)

search under "omega deployment strap"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts