WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could some kind person help me with some info please! Is there a supplier in the UK where I can purchase a Breitling style deployant strap, I have purchased a breitling deployant clasp and now need a strap for the Chronomat but its stretching the finances a bit to buy a Breitling made one. Thanks in advance. And a very Happy Christmas to one and all.
Bob.

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
8,833 Posts
Well I don't know of a local dealer to you in the UK but you could contact banda.com about a deployant style strap made to breitlings measurements. Very good feed back from forum members who have ordered from them in the past. I think they might even discount a bit if you order a few and mention that you were referred by members of WUS.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Could some kind person help me with some info please! Is there a supplier in the UK where I can purchase a Breitling style deployant strap, I have purchased a breitling deployant clasp and now need a strap for the Chronomat but its stretching the finances a bit to buy a Breitling made one. Thanks in advance. And a very Happy Christmas to one and all.
Bob.
Have been looking myself recently and didn't find any in the UK. As Snapit says Banda, The Watch Prince, or Waccex. I haven't tried any of them myself yet.

Remember to get the correct size - I'm assuming the watch interhorn is 22mm and the deployant buckle is the 20mm one (I have the smaller 18mm for my Colt GMT).

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Bob.

When you are in the market for a strap that fits the Breitling deployant clasp, there is unfortunately not much choice. Be careful with some of the advice you are getting, just because a company makes a nice strap that doesn't make it a suitable strap for Breitling clasps.

Other straps may appear to have the correct dimensions, but they usually come with holes for the tang type buckle, which have no purpose on a Breitling deployant clasp.

The bigger problem is that most of these straps fit badly, unless they were made with the Breitling clasp in mind. The leather strap "winds through" the Breitling clasp and if width, thickness or stiffness of the strap are not right, the clasp will stand up from your wrist, significantly reducing comfort.

Unless the strap is specifically designed for the Breitling deployant clasp you may be in for a bad bargain.

I know that Banda spent considerable effort to develop a dedicated strap for Breitling deployant clasps and used to offer WUS members a discount on this "BRE" model (http://www.banda.com/catalogue.php?category=61) and they appear the next best thing to the original. You could order directly from Banda in Hong Kong and they would ship it to you.

Come to think of it, I may have a light brown 22-20 and a black 20-28 Banda strap left that I wore only briefly for evaluation when Banda developed this product. In those days I had more spare time and was more active on the Breitling Forum. If the dimensions and choice of colour suits you, you are welcome to them. I could mail them to you and you should have them before New Year.

I still recommend considering orginal Breitling straps, they certainly cost more, but they also tend to last longer than comparable straps.

Good luck in your search.

Kurt

·
Registered
117 Posts
Come to think of it, I may have a light brown 22-20 and a black 20-28 Banda strap left that I wore only briefly for evaluation when Banda developed this product. In those days I had more spare time and was more active on the Breitling Forum. If the dimensions and choice of colour suits you, you are welcome to them. I could mail them to you and you should have them before New Year.

I still recommend considering orginal Breitling straps, they certainly cost more, but they also tend to last longer than comparable straps.

Kurt
Kurt - I hope the black is a 20/18 and not a 28 buckle!! If the offer of this extends to others I'd take the 20/18 off your hands ;-) and send some payment to cover p&p and a little extra towards the next snifter of the finest Scotish liquid! Quite partial myself but a bottle of the good Bushmills from Northern Ireland is on the go at the moment.

Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kurt thats extremely kind of you I would love the black 20/18mm if thats OK just let me know the postage costs and I will reimburse you if you email me off line I will send my address details. That is a really kind thing to do and this forum is so helpful especially with good people like you contributing. Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you and yours. Bob.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Attn. Bob and Mr. Faize

Kurt thats extremely kind of you I would love the black 20/18mm if thats OK just let me know the postage costs and I will reimburse you if you email me off line I will send my address details. That is a really kind thing to do and this forum is so helpful especially with good people like you contributing. Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you and yours. Bob.

As luck will have it...

I found two black 20/18mm deployant straps.

One is definitely a Banda BRE series that I got to evaluate (I recognize the style and Banda stamps them "Deployment Clasp" on the inside), the other is an alligator deployant strap, but I'm not sure whether it's Banda, or not. Both straps have only been worn briefly for evaluation.

As instigator of this thread Bob has first choice, Mr. Faize is next.

Bob, if you let me know whether you want the no-name alligator, or the Banda BRE and if you both pm me your address, I'll try to put it in the mail before Christmas.

Enjoy the holidays...

Kurt

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: Attn. Bob and Mr. Faize

Many Thanks Kurt! |> PM pending.

Bob - is your Chronomat 20/18 strap size - current models are 22/20 but I don't know about the older models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Mr Faize,
Mine is an early Chronomat and I have asked Kurt for the alligator one.
Happy Christmas.
regards bob.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Attn. Mark and Rob

Hi Mr Faize,
Mine is an early Chronomat and I have asked Kurt for the alligator one.
Happy Christmas.
regards bob.
Hey guys, straps went out today and although it is unlikely that you get them before Christmas, chances are that you may get them before New Year.

Happy Holidays and I hope they are what you were looking for.

Don't worry about the postage, put a quid on the collection plate of your favourite charity instead - unless it happens to be the "Association of Friends and Supporters of Scottish Malt Beverages" and you happen to be the president. ;-)

Cheers.

Kurt

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: Attn. Mark and Rob

Hey guys, straps went out today and although it is unlikely that you get them before Christmas, chances are that you may get them before New Year.

Happy Holidays and I hope they are what you were looking for.

Don't worry about the postage, put a quid on the collection plate of your favourite charity instead - unless it happens to be the "Association of Friends and Supporters of Scottish Malt Beverages" and you happen to be the president. ;-)

Cheers.

Kurt
Many thanks Kurt - will post some piccies when it arrives. Have a good one!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts