WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving on to much more upbeat subjects ;-) I'd like to start a thread to allow everyone to provide their input to what they would like to see in future Prometheus watch models. For now let's keep it to specifications that could be applied to more than just a diver style and not get too focused on the types of watches. Suffice to say we already have designs in the pipeline and are very excited at what Prometheus will have to offer in the coming months.

If you have requests for specific styles feel free to chime in and let us know, but if possible lets discuss the specifications in more detail. I'll get us started with a few examples of options we can start kicking around.

Note: I'm NOT saying we will do all of these right away, but the whole point of having an interactive forum is for each of you to tell us what you would like to see and for us to provide you with the watches you want :)

Some ideas:

• Crystal: Flat or domed, anti-reflective inside, outside, both
  • Case size: 40mm, 42mm, 45mm, bigger/smaller
  • Case height: 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, Tuna Can!
  • Case finish: Brushed, blasted, polished, PVD
  • Lug width: 20mm, 22mm, 24mm, 26mm (eek!)
  • Lug style: Spring bars, fixed, screwed
  • Caseback: Solid, display back
  • Lume: Colors, quantity, positioning
  • Straps: Nylon, leather, bracelets, rubber, silicone, NATO
  • Buckles: Regular, deployment
Here's the chance to get all those great ideas off your chest and have direct input into the watches you want.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Right now all I can think to say is I think white lume looks best (anything but green). Personally im starting to get sick of green tint lume, way too common.

I know it glows like a torch but its just not worth having lime green hands and numbers.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Round, 42mm x 10mm, military style with two`concentric tracks: inner 13-24 (second largest ), middle 1-12 (largest). Gloss black dial, lume white hour/minute hands and hour batons/squares, red seconds (with open square that outlines hour squares as it revolves?), day/date at 3:00 (in place of the '15' and '3'), display back, 10atm, raised flat sapphire, inside anti-reflective, polished SS, 24mm lugs, NATO or brown leather strap.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Suffice to say we already have designs in the pipeline and are very excited at what Prometheus will have to offer in the coming months.
I think it'd be far more interesting to talk about the designs that are in the pipeline... Talking about stuff beyond that is at least a year or two away assuming the pipeline stuff is coming out mid 2009.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Developing a new watch takes at the very least 6 months time. At the moment we are only producing chrono and Ocean Diver. This means your inputs will be taken into account in current designs already in pipeline so that they can get adapted.

·
Registered
763 Posts
  • Crystal: Flat anti-reflective inside, both
  • Case size: 41mm
  • Case height: 12mm
  • Case finish: blasted,
  • Lug width: 20mm,
  • Lug style: screwed
  • Caseback: display back
  • Lume: Lumibrite or N3
  • Buckles: Regular, deployment
Tha case shape of the vintage SM300, larger more grippable crown at 4' 0 clock. The bezel goes into the case like the Seiko Sumo. 300 to 500 m WR.

·
Registered
196 Posts
  • Crystal: Flat , anti-reflective both
  • Case size: 42mm
  • Case height: 10mm - 12mm
  • Case finish: Brushed, polished (I like a combinationof both)
  • Lug width: 22mm
  • Lug style: Screwed (pain to deal with sometimes,but cool look)
  • Caseback: Display back
  • Lume: WHITE & other color options
  • Buckles: Deployment

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I'd like to see a pilot watch or a cushion case diver...

• Crystal: Flat anti-reflective inside
  • Case size: 40mm - 42mm
  • Case height: 12 - 14mm
  • Case finish: Brushed, blasted, & PVD
  • Lug style: does not matter
  • Caseback: Solid for diver, display back for pilot
  • Lume: Colors, quantity, positioning
  • Straps: bracelets all brushed or PVD... no mix (polished/brushed) PLEASE
  • Buckles: deployment

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Developing a new watch takes at the very least 6 months time. At the moment we are only producing chrono and Ocean Diver. This means your inputs will be taken into account in current designs already in pipeline so that they can get adapted.
thanks for the clarification, reading the OP it seems like you wanted feedback for future watches and not for those in the pipeliine.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Sapphire crystal flat to a mild dome AR inside only
Size 42mm
Auto movement with hack and manual wind capable
PVD SS case
Lugs 22mm
Case back steel
Lume PHANTOM
Strap rubber
Dial hash markers only denoted larger at 12:00, 6:00, 9:00
Black date dial at 3:00 with PHANTOM date lume
Black dial of course
Thick hour and minute hands with Phantom lume
Small company logo in phantom lume at traditional location or near the 6:00 position

All features adapted to current designs in the pipeline of course. :)

Name of the watch: the Black Banshee! HAHAHA. Just joking. At least half joking. :-d

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
I would think if you have a chronograph, a diver and a pilot style watch in your lineup you'll cover most of the bases a young watch company should.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Some ideas:
Crystal: domed, anti-reflective inside
Case size: 42mm
Case height: 12mm
Case finish: blasted
Lug width: 20mm
Lug style: Spring bars
Caseback: display back
Lume: Light Blue (aka Omega PO QoS) , Lots of it , Number on the dial to be lumed
Straps: bracelets

I'd really like to see a GMT watch with chrono, no date window and a white-creme dial (Aka Pilot watch :p )

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Something along a pilots style ......

• Crystal: domed, anti-reflective inside
  • Case size: 42mm
  • Case height: 12mm to 14mm
  • Case finish: blasted/PVD
  • Lug style: Spring bars/drilled lugs
  • Caseback: display back or engraved solid back
  • Lume: Hour/minute markers and hands.
  • Straps: Nylon/leather/bracelets/NATO
  • Buckles: Regular
  • Movement: Handwind
:-d

·
Registered
248 Posts
My ideas...

Crystal: domed, anti-reflective inside
Case size: 45mm minimum
Case height: 14mm,
Case finish: Brushed
Lug width: 22mm or 24 mm
Lug style: Spring bars
Caseback: display back or engraved solid back
Dial with few digits with big spot white lume
Straps : leather and bracelets
Buckles : deployment
Type : GMT or Pure 24 hours with Noon at 6 - Date and day at 3
Automatique or Manual

Cheers
Jerome

·
Registered
349 Posts
would like to see a perpetual calendar, not a gmt either. 24 hour could be interesting. preferably an automatic movement, altho hand-wind is also an option. no quartz. would like a power reserve meter. may also be interested in a small seconds. you've already done a chrono, so would put that on the back burner. no arrow hands, preferably sword or cathedral, something similar. date at 3 o'clock, not between 4 and 5 unless it can be properly vertical there; don't like the angled date very much at all, probably will not purchase a watch with the date angled that way.

as for the options you have listed:

• Crystal: Flat or domed, anti-reflective inside, outside, both. inside only is probably best. should it be domed i would go with a slight dome.
  • Case size: 40mm to 42mm, no larger. slightly smaller would be an option for me.
  • Case height: 10mm to 14mm, no larger. ~12mm +/-1 would probably be perfect.
  • Case finish: Brushed, blasted, polished, PVD. currently have polished and pvd, would be interested in the others but probably prefer polished overall.
  • Lug width: 20mm to 22mm, 24mm is ok but a little large for my taste.
  • Lug style: Spring bars, fixed, screwed
  • Caseback: display back or engraved as some have said.
  • Lume: Colors, quantity, positioning... well, the more the better.
  • Straps: Nylon, leather, bracelets, rubber, silicone, NATO... any are fine, personally i don't wear bracelets but i do purchase watches on bracelets.
  • Buckles: deployant

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Round, 42mm x 10mm, military style with two`concentric tracks: inner 13-24 (second largest ), middle 1-12 (largest). Gloss black dial, lume white hour/minute hands and hour batons/squares, red seconds (with open square that outlines hour squares as it revolves?), day/date at 3:00 (in place of the '15' and '3'), display back, 10atm, raised flat sapphire, inside anti-reflective, polished SS, 24mm lugs, NATO or brown leather strap.
Gloss black dial really??? Can I ask more about that, the glossy dials seem way to reflective - what's your thinking - very curious :)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts