WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure this design out.. Can a crystal work with a rubber o-ring pressed in the case? remove g needs to be with suction tool. This because of the domed crystal faceplate and pointers.. Any ideas about this?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think an O-ring would work but personally I haven't worked on any like that. Usually watches have a specialized crystal gasket:

See below on the Borealis technical drawing below for reference:

Gaskets usually have a rectangular cross section (I've seen ones with an "L" cross section too where the gasket wraps partially under the crystal to cover the entire lower corner) and can be 1.3 - 1.5 mm in height usually. So I'd probably lean towards flattening the crystal's side profile there so you can use a traditional gasket for the seal rather than an o-ring.

Borealis Cascais.jpg

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think an O-ring would work but personally I haven't worked on any like that. Usually watches have a specialized crystal gasket:

See below on the Borealis technical drawing below for reference:

Gaskets usually have a rectangular cross section (I've seen ones with an "L" cross section too where the gasket wraps partially under the crystal to cover the entire lower corner) and can be 1.3 - 1.5 mm in height usually. So I'd probably lean towards flattening the crystal's side profile there so you can use a traditional gasket for the seal rather than an o-ring.

View attachment 14452107
Nice the drawing will help txs

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
390 Posts
Since you're likely to be using a unique crystal, you might as well make a unique crystal gasket, which isn't really much different from an o-ring in a way I guess. Another option would be optically-clear adhesive.

Also, politely saying this, but I don't think you need to make a new thread for everything.

Reactions: ProdCastDesign
1 - 4 of 4 Posts