WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to the hobby...absolutely love this forum!

I've had a few email exchanges with Getat on building my first pam homage(s). Here is what I'm thinking for my first:

44mm Superlume w/ 6497 movement
Brushed case
Custom painted all white dial (sterile w/ seconds & 9 o'clock)
White superlume rear dial
Superlume hands - this is where I need a little help
Wooden brown strap with red hand stitching

I wanted to go with all white hands, but they don't have them...they said they could paint them, but they weren't sure how they would turn out. So, I'm leaning towards just keeping the black hands with the superlume. Red hands would be cool, but they don't have red hands either.

I know it is all about personal preference, but I've been going over and over this in my head so much that I'm starting to question myself. I'd love to hear some opinions. I really want to do something with a white on white dial and something with a brown strap w/ red stitching...but maybe they aren't right together in the same watch. Perhaps I should go with a custom painted red dial to go with the red stitching.

I've only seen one picture of a white on white dial (here) I don't suppose anyone could photoshop one up in the case I'm looking at?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Re: Designing my first Getat(s) - Advise...photoshop?

Here's another pic of the white/white Rad

And here's one I took that might be a good base for photoshopping the white dial onto the lumi case. I think it would look just as good there.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks, midshipman01! I love your collection and hope you don't mind me linking to your picture...I actually thought I might be the first to do a white on white dial, but then found your post...nicely done! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your homages? How have they held up? Any learnings?

·
Registered
384 Posts

Thanks, midshipman01! I love your collection and hope you don't mind me linking to your picture...I actually thought I might be the first to do a white on white dial, but then found your post...nicely done! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your homages? How have they held up? Any learnings?
Agreed. I love the white. The only issue I have with that (my own personal preference) is that those movements dont have a second hand at all. And, for me, I seem to have a need to know my auto watch is alive:-d

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Agreed. I love the white. The only issue I have with that (my own personal preference) is that those movements dont have a second hand at all. And, for me, I seem to have a need to know my auto watch is alive:-d
sbkurtz - the model I'm looking at has the seconds at the 9 o'clock position.

Below is from the Getat site:

I guess I haven't seen it in action, but I think it is always moving. Hmmmm...

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I love the white on white dial but I think it would look even better with silver hands. The silver will tie it into the case, the black doesn't tie into anything, so that would be my recommendation.

Wooden strap is nice, I have one myself....

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You have some good ideas with the different colors. I have a hard time deciding what combo feels right also. I have a hard time picturing the styles and colors and how they come together. I guess photoshop is the best way to be sure, of course it may be/feel different in person. Just go with your best instinct. Hard to go wrong with Getat, because almost all combos will look awesome. This how my Getat turned out, and the other pic is a color combo that really like on a watch and will try a similar style custon build on a PAM soon.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have to say, it's going to look a bit Miami Vice, Bling Bling even tacky if you will.

If you're young enough to pull it off and it's what you really want then fine, but I'd imagine there's only limited occasions you could wear something like that.

I wouldn't want a white strap either, Getats are *really* soft leather right now, and a white strap would suck up grime like you wouldn't believe.

I'd go for a half way house and go all grey.

(I'm really showing my age here, right :-x !!)

·
Registered
384 Posts

sbkurtz - the model I'm looking at has the seconds at the 9 o'clock position.

Below is from the Getat site:

I guess I haven't seen it in action, but I think it is always moving. Hmmmm...
Ive got the same one from Jackson, but in red. I like that

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love the white on white dial but I think it would look even better with silver hands. The silver will tie it into the case, the black doesn't tie into anything, so that would be my recommendation.
Good call, John - if I can get them to do the superlume on the silver hands, that'll be the way to go!

This how my Getat turned out.
I like it!

I have to say, it's going to look a bit Miami Vice, Bling Bling even tacky if you will.

If you're young enough to pull it off and it's what you really want then fine, but I'd imagine there's only limited occasions you could wear something like that.

I wouldn't want a white strap either, Getats are *really* soft leather right now, and a white strap would suck up grime like you wouldn't believe.

I'd go for a half way house and go all grey.

(I'm really showing my age here, right :-x !!)
I'm not planning to do a white band as I know I won't be able to keep it clean. And I'm probably not young enough to pull off the white face, but I'll give it a try. I know it'll have limited wearing occations, but hopefully it'll still get some meaningful wrist time.

Ive got the same one from Jackson, but in red. I like that
Would you mind posting a picture or two??? I'd love to see it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts