WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is frowned upon, but a bit of self-promotion of my post over at the reviews sections about my experience owning and wearing the Tread watches over the past couple years. I've been enjoying both pieces and wanted to share about what it's like to live with these watches with their unusual design and movement. Happy to answer any questions about these as well.

afY1Z4w.jpg

·
Registered
851 Posts
Any dusts in the case from belt wear as the sprockets drive the reinforced rubber timing belts? Can the battery be easily replaced by opening up the watch, or does it go back to the manufacturer? I assume it uses a bespoke battery rather than some common battery type for a rechargeable unit.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any dusts in the case from belt wear as the sprockets drive the reinforced rubber timing belts? Can the battery be easily replaced by opening up the watch, or does it go back to the manufacturer? I assume it uses a bespoke battery rather than some common battery type for a rechargeable unit.
It's not something I've ever noticed. The belts aren't really rubber - they are a carbon fiber weave that's similar to timing belts in high performance sportcars. The lettering will start to fade a tiny bit after running a set of belts for a long time, it hasn't really bothered me but when I send mine for service I usually just get new belts while I'm at it.

The battery needs to be replaced by the manufacturer. I got a new battery installed when I bought the 1 and I haven't had to replace any batteries yet.

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
Congrats and nice reviews, I have loved these since they first came out!

Another 1-2-3 fan... an old metrologist!

Reactions: Zhanming057

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I saw one of these in a movie trailer not long back, and it made me want one. This thread's not helping! I don't remember the movie, though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts