WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took some photos today of my DeWitt Academia Chronographe Sequential. Some came out pretty decent so I thought I'd post them. All photos shot using available light from my living room window with hand held light disks to smooth the lighting. The watch is 18K rose gold, titanium, and rubber. When I wear it to parties, people like to ask about it.

The ti / rubber bezel is a bumper guard for the gold underneath (the top of the case).

·
Registered
835 Posts
Re: My DeWitt

Looks good. I've always liked DeWitt. I think they should use your pics to sell them. I'm looking at them in wrist watch annual and they don't look nearly as good.

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Thanks you all. The unusual stuff appeals to me. I wear this when I must dress at least nice or "snazzy" casual, and on up to dressy. Unlike many other dressy sport watches, IMHO I don't see this watch working with jeans. I could be wrong.

My watch pictures are coming out better after a several years of practicing. It was very frustrating for a long time I would rarely get one good picture from a shoot. Now I usually get a few, once in a while none. But those guys who throw their watch down on a table and snap fabulous pictures with a cell phone (was it Roller who did that?), there is no way I can do that. The last picture came out great.

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,282 Posts

I can't decide if that's one of the most beautiful watches I've seen or one of the ugliest :-d
It's certainly very interesting, and those pics are great.

·
Registered
798 Posts
My DeWitt

Thanks you all. The unusual stuff appeals to me. I wear this when I must dress at least nice or "snazzy" casual, and on up to dressy.

My watch pictures are coming out better after a several years of practicing. It was very frustrating for a long time I would rarely get even one good picture from a shoot. Now most times I get a few. But those guys who throw their watch down on a table and snap fabulous pictures with a cell phone (was it Roller who did that?), there is no way I can do that.
Thanks Gary, i was interested to know how/ where you wore it as I wasnt sure how to categorize the watch from the pics. I agree it looks pretty dressy (and v cool). Great photos btw.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts

Great pictures and a very cool looking watch. I can see why people ask you about it. I'd love it if just once someone asked me about a watch I was wearing.

Reactions: Gary123

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
I truly appreciate your appreciation for the less traditional time piece Gary. I think your sense of style is beyond cool bro and I wish more of us marched to their own rhythm.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Thanks Robert and Devon. I have no one to share my watches with but you folks here. My wife couldn't care less and most of my friends have no idea.

Robert - It helps to have a watch that looks very different from what folks normally see. But I should think your new Ebel will get some remarks. That is one beautiful timepiece you have coming.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts

Those are first rate photo's of an amazing watch. Thank you very much for sharing and looking forward to seeing more of your work.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts

This is a great unique looking timepiece! Your taste in the bold is commendable, and I'm sure this one gets plenty of looks!

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
You have already discovered the single most important aspect of watch photography: lighting.

Get that right and interesting pictures result! :) Thanks for yours...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts