WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,

I recently purchased a pre-owned chronograph with, what I believe to be the valjoux 7750 movement. I had my watchmaker throw it on the machine. He said it doesn't need service. It has great power reserve and is only off by 3 seconds per day. Yet, when I wear the watch its off by MINUTES per hour. Any idea what could cause that?

On another forum it was suggested the cannon pinion may need replacing. We further diagnosed that may not likely be the case. When I pull the crown, the minute hand moves with normal stiffness. There is a little play with the minute hand when I rotate the crown, but nothing too drastic.

Again, she runs great on a watch winder. Horribly on my wrist. Any ideas what may cause that?

I do not know any of the service history of the watch.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Have you fully powered the watch before strapping it on your wrist?...or are you depending upon the autowinding?
Quantitative data...+/- how many minutes per hour...?
How thorough was the watchmakers evaluation? Did he have it long enough to evaluate power reserve?
Have you considered returning to the watchmaker for further evaluation?
Have you had your aura checked...? Some auras affect mechanical watches terribly...
Regards, BG

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Nate0624...Hello. Not to spend another's money...but, your watch should be Serviced. It really is a lot of effort to try to figure things out, when you do not have a 'Baseline'. Quite a few things can show up on the bench, that you'll never be aware of otherwise. I do speak from experience...! Michael.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts