WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,206 Posts
Well, certainly not me!! But apart from that, I would advise you to be a little more specific - dials have to suit the case as well as the movement! As an example, a Rainbow EP dial won't suit a Grande Class EP watch even though the movements are (almost) the same: although the Grande Class doesn't need the third hole for the hour totalizer, it will need something a little bigger than the Rainbow dial. Try to measure the size of dial as well and you might be in luck.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got bad news from Zenith CH. They don´t have dials for that movement anymore.

Who can help, now. Open your drawers, please.

louis

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Time to get to work!

Chances are you won't find one sitting in someone's drawer. You need to find a dial that will fit and have it done well. I have done the same myself and the results can be pleasing if you spend good money on a good redialer.

Outside of that, you will have to haunt the usual sources to find a replacement!

Best of luck,

Dan

·
Registered
6,150 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Time to get to work!

Well, to redo a dial is no problem here in Germany. But if you have nothing, you have a problem, especially with Zenith.
louis

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
If you can get the dimensions correct, they can make one up for you. In several instances, I see where they use sticky tape to keep the dial in place. So all you need is the outer diameter, the diameter of the cannon pinion, and where the sub-seconds go.

As an example, I have seen where plastic dials are used in pocketwatches.

Just a thought.....

Cheers!

Dan

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,206 Posts
I think if I had a Cal. 106 dial, I'd get the remaining stuff to make a watch!! Like the proverbial man who found a button and had a suit made for it (old German saying).....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Still no find ! Open your drawers, please.

Have you got a case? That makes a difference too.

As you are reaching the end of the line, I would suggest you post on the sales corners as a want-to-buy. Keep in mind that only the lucky few are Zenith collectors, but many own them -- which is why you are better served posting on sales corners.

Good luck!
Dan

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you got a case? That makes a difference too.

As you are reaching the end of the line, I would suggest you post on the sales corners as a want-to-buy. Keep in mind that only the lucky few are Zenith collectors, but many own them -- which is why you are better served posting on sales corners.

Good luck!
Dan
I already did.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts