WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to add to my collection in the next month or two. There are a few watches I really like, but I'm struggling with some of the details.

I currently daily a Rolex Explorer, which has a black dial and smooth bezel. Part of me wanted a ceramic bezel, like a GMT. However, the GMT LN (black dial) is very close visually to my Explorer (colors, hands, etc), so I'm concerned about getting bored having two very similar watches. I also love the Milgauss Z-Blue, but that has a smooth bezel like my Explorer (so again, similar).

Of the two, which would you choose given their similarities to my current watch? I'm also open to other suggestions, though I'm trying to stay under $7500 or so.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Two diff watches. Yes with its similarities but when you have them in hand they will feel like diff personalities. The sub will feel closer to the GMT in your wrist because of the bezel and thickness of case. If you’re trying to stay below $7500 sub no date is also a good choice. Whatever your choice, get your name in an AD quick bc certain markets just don’t have subs sitting around. If you tire of the explorer after the sub and If it’s just a white dial/ Black dial thing, the OP now comes in white dial 39mm too.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What if you traded your Exp for a white ExpII?
I thought about that. But given that the Exp was my first real watch and I saved for 2 years for it, I don't really want to let it go.

Your dilemma is not unfounded a lot of people have this first world decision to make.
It's definitely a first world decision haha, but truth be told I've worked really hard to get to the point where I can do this.

A friend of mine actually has a Sub ND he'd be willing to sell me (BNIB), but two black, time only watches seemed a little redundant to me. At least on the GMT I can get a complication and the green hand to change it up a bit. They do look really nice together though....

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
The Exp and Sub/Gmt's with black dial/bezel are very different, on the wrist. IMO, the black dial ExpII and Sub have enough of a difference to justify having them as stable mates, too.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Exp and Sub/Gmt's with black dial/bezel are very different, on the wrist. IMO, the black dial ExpII and Sub have enough of a difference to justify having them as stable mates, too.
My issue thus far has been actually finding one to try on, but I may call my friend and see if he'll bring his by if that's the case. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Go z blue milgauss and smooth bezel won't matter. It'll be so different because the dial pops so much!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts