WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

So very happy with my Apple Watch.
What are your hopes for extra dial options that Apple could hopefully release in an updated watch os?

For me, they would be:
- flieger triangle at 12 option
- latin numbers option
- numbers (latin or arabic) also as even numbers subset (not just 12 3 6 9)
- california dial
- small seconds options on a number of dials
- rectangular dial (like the hermes)
- photo background possible with the minimal dial, so that it is easy to create your 3 hand own dial backgrounds (now only a digital display in the corner is possible)

What else?

·
Registered
162 Posts
It's funny to me, when I first learned of smart watches I thought "how awesome to be able to change the dial all the time". Then, I first got a Samsung Gear S2 and I did in fact change the dial constantly. However, now that I have my Apple Watch, I'm so satisfied with the multi color modular I haven't changed it in months. Maybe I will tire of it in awhile and change it up from time to time but I'm not in a rush to do so.
I do like the astronomy ones, on rare occasions I'll dial those up just for the fun of seeing where the planets are, etc but I never leave it there. Always directly back to my familiar modular. I guess that's one really neat thing about smart watches, the ability to customize or personalize how you like it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I wish I could take the complications from the Color dial and use them with the Utility dial.

More color control would be nice for all the dials that support it. An all red dial is fantastic in the dark.

Nightstand mode in red, in addition to green.

For the analog dials, the ability to place the day and date centered above 6 o’clock.

Moon phase inside the dial instead of outside.

I second the rectangular dial.

Analog dial that has all the numbers—minutes/seconds, hours, military hours—just like a field watch.

Other than that, I’m fairly happy.

·
Registered
17,816 Posts
Differently shaped hands, where the hour is completely different from the minute hand. But, this might take away from the style language of the AW.

Being able to change the color of the hands. I use a stripped-down Modular in all red for nighttime or the movie theater. I would like an analog face instead, but the analog hands are always white, which is pretty bright in pitch darkness.

Subdial seconds would look nice as a dress-up option.

I'm not so sure about a rectangular face because complications would be crowded out. I've tried making some mockups, but I didn't like the results.

NO fake "open heart mechanical" crap like they did with the old iPod Nano. Please.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
- 3-6-9 subdial option for the chronograph face
- roman numerals
- more rectangular dials
- racing-themed dials (like monaco etc)
- more character options (although Mickey is lively as ever!)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I'd prefer if Apple allows 3rd part watch face makers or change the hands design on the analog faces. For now, it's mainly just Modular and sometimes Utility.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts