WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a plane to DC. I'm looking at the watch on the guy across the aisle. It's a Rolex. It's a DateJust, Gold and SS with a Jubilee bracelette. The dial is white with gold roman numerals. I look around at local dealers. The dials they have like this are not as nice. I look on some of the used Rolex sites. It's an aftermarket dial, white with Gold Roman Numeral markers. What are considered good aftermarked sources for dials.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree, what do you mean by not as nice. I have a Datejust 116233 with the 18k gold fluted bezel, 18k/ss jubilee band with the yellow gold roman numeral hour markers set on a bright white dial. Is this guy's dial a mother-of-pearl?

One thing I will say about Rolex watches is that their factory issued dials are about as close to perfect as you can get. If you are still on the plane, ask the guy about it! I'm sure he won't mind, but if he does, don't worry about it because you will never see him again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry, I didn't notice the time of your post. I hope you are no longer on the plane, considering your post was 19 hours ago.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure I understand your confusion. Do you know of any good places to purchase dials? Don't worry about the plane or the guy. That part doesn't matter.

·
Registered
639 Posts
t65tampa, interesting avatar you've got.

I like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts