WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add a blue dial diver to my current blueless watch rotation and am trying to find the diamond in the rough per say. My rotation is a Orient Mako usa II in white all original. Orient triton in black with upgraded Strapcode Angus J band. I am willing to go up to 1k even if its used but in great condition. One thing to note is the Trition in my opinion with the upgraded bracelet is pretty impressive as far as quality and durability. Prefer a size comparable to the Triton if possible and bracelet as good or better than the strapcode. I hope I can upgrade my collection since those watches are not even half of what I am willing to spend now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are these quality bands, screws instead of pins? Any blue will work, I used to have a seiko padi with very nice blue color.

·
Registered
10 Posts
as stated above. either Oris Aquis or the Longines Hydroconquest. I have the Oris and i think its a stunner! if you do opt for the Longines be sure to get the ceramic bezel not the previous models

·
Registered
667 Posts
If you wanna go a little off the beaten path. Check out Lüm-Tec. I've got a 350M-2 and love it.

SW200-1 regulated to +/-3spd.
Anti-shock
Anti-mag
Ceramic bezel
Awesome bracelet with screwed links and ratcheting dive clasp.
And as the name implies, glows like a torch.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Are these quality bands, screws instead of pins? Any blue will work, I used to have a seiko padi with very nice blue color.
The Oris uses screws to hold the links in place. Not sure about the others mentioned.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
I have both the Aquis and the Hydroconquest and I would readily recommend both of them. So it’s a matter of taste. Both bracelets use screws.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would check out my current and lasting favorite - Raymond Weil Freelancer Diver. Great specs, Independent family owned business, and looks/feels awesome on the wrist! You can get the watch for around/ a few hundred under $1k and they have dark blue dail (Same color as the bezel on mine below).

Good luck with the hunt!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts