Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
It is 38mm and I need something bigger... and I want brand new...
Technically it's 38.5mm(;-)) but you can get them brand new. I do not know of anything that looks like a Diastar that is bigger. Both HMT and Orient make homages but they are closer in size to the 35mm Diastar and neither of them are tungsten.

I can tell you that the New Original with the big screw down crown and crown guards wears bigger than it's size. It seems larger than my 40 mm Hyperchrome and doesn't seem significantly smaller than my 42mm D-Star. If you are looking for bigger than 42 it will definitely be too small but if you can find one to try on, you should give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Technically it's 38.5mm(;-)) but you can get them brand new. I do not know of anything that looks like a Diastar that is bigger. Both HMT and Orient make homages but they are closer in size to the 35mm Diastar and neither of them are tungsten.

I can tell you that the New Original with the big screw down crown and crown guards wears bigger than it's size. It seems larger than my 40 mm Hyperchrome and doesn't seem significantly smaller than my 42mm D-Star. If you are looking for bigger than 42 it will definitely be too small but if you can find one to try on, you should give it a shot.
The problem is solved now. rfortson measured his rado and says the following:

• Okay just measured it. The case is 41mm x 47mm. The dial is 38mm, which is deceiving.

Here's a picture of it beside my Tissot, which is an honest 43mm.

Click this bar to view the original image of 1001x795px.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
The problem is solved now. rfortson measured his rado and says the following:

• Okay just measured it. The case is 41mm x 47mm. The dial is 38mm, which is deceiving.

Here's a picture of it beside my Tissot, which is an honest 43mm.

Click this bar to view the original image of 1001x795px.

The diver is no longer available from Rado, but I think you can still find it on the grey market.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts