WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this wave ceptor on clearance sale at JC Penny and got it for $30. Was it a good deal or not? I bought it to have something to set my other watches and clocks by that would be accurate. I have seen it for $90 or more in stores and go for $50 on E-bay.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I found this wave ceptor on clearance sale at JC Penny and got it for $30. Was it a good deal or not? I bought it to have something to set my other watches and clocks by that would be accurate. I have seen it for $90 or more in stores and go for $50 on E-bay.

Model information would be helpful. You'll see it on the caseback.

But it seems you've answered your own question if your research shows that this model is typically more expensive.

Sounds like a reasonable deal to me.

Good luck.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a 2556 WV-57H. Like you said I think I got a deal but I want to know what others think.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Stan2323,
If it's a screwback, then I'd say you got a great deal. I'm guessing that it's going to eat a lot of juice, so you might have to change batteries every so often. A screwback would be great for maintaining water resistance (as well as o-ring replacement obviously).

Eitherway, even if you leave it on a shelf and change batteries with it's 4-screw-plate set-up, I think you got a good deal. Great for your intended use as a "standard" to set your other watches by.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the UK version of this watch, and it was one of the first Waveceptors available in this country. In fact it started off my Casio/G-Shock collection.
I paid £40 ($65-70) for it two years ago, and it still retails here for about the same.

L

·
0 Posts
I'm not really even sure why anyone would want this model. It's got 5 alarms, yes, but you have to enter set mode on each one to turn them on or off. A real PITA. The timestamp is not datestamped, so that's of little long term use. I hated mine and gave it to some relatives that I'm not, err, overly fond of.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts