WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got this G-Shock Riseman off of Ebay a few days ago, and it arrived tonight. It didn't come with original packaging, or manual... and now that I looked the manual up online to try to set the time, and learn how to use the features, I'm thinking I got a fake. If so, I will be taking action as necessary, but I really hope not... First problem is that the day indicator seems to be in the wrong place, also the circular area for the altimer/barometer just shows a G, and the red "button" on the side that says ALTI cannot be pressed in, and doesn't do anything. Here's a few pics:

I have a bad feeling about it, and I thought the price was almost too good to be true... I asked the seller a few questions before bidding actually, and he basically knew nothing about the watch (so rather than fake, I just figured he was a non-WIS, who happened to be selling a G for a low price, because he didn't know what it was worth)... Help!

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is definitely not a genuine Riseman.

The backplate looks like a real one but the front does not. Everything from the typography, screens, colors and details are completely off.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crud. Going to have to take it up with the seller then. Here's hoping for a refund, and a reality check regarding deals that seem too good to be true!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hope it all works out for getting your money back :O

·
Registered
486 Posts
And this is why I love those of you reporting bogus listings on the bay. Though it's typically pretty painless to get your money back (assuming you used PayPal), you can't take back the let-down of anticipating your new watch, only to be humbled with a fake.

Good luck next time! Don't be afraid to post pictures of your possible next purchase on this board if you're unsure.

·
Registered
20,785 Posts
I'd love to know how it looks inside of those fake Riseman.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
If the seller's auction history shows many fakes, then you might have a little difficulty... but hopefully this is one of those instances where the seller didn't have a clue and will try to resolve it honorably. If that's the case, you shouldn't have much difficulty with a "not as described" report and get your money back. Grab a photo of a real Riseman and send both to them so it's clear how wrong the fake is.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
sorry this happened to ya.. :( hope your are able to sort it out!

I wouldn't mess with ebay even if they gave me free money to spend on there..

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hope you do get your refund.

If the eBay listing is showing only a stock photo, Ii always message the seller to request for actual photos of the item and have it sent to your email. If they refuse to send and give out all sorts of reasons, chances are the G-Shock is a fake.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts