WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received this Lucien Piccard watch (http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?familyid=J172966&storeid=1&page=LIST&prop=Clearance|728&catprop=728&itemsperpage=99&track=728&cm_re=SearchList-_-N-_-N)

The time now is around 11:00pm, which the watch was set to and I changed the day and date with the two push buttons. After I did this I read in the directions for me NOT to use the quick-set feature from 9:00pm through 3:00am. It stated it is important for me NOT to do this.

Did I harm something with the watch movement?

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
If it is still running fine then I'd say no. They don't recommend this because during this time the date/day wheel has been engaged and moving the time back or forward may jam those gears in some way. While I've done it once or twice I do generally avoid it because of the possibility of binding up those gears.

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
I have that watch also. to get around the day date issue, set the day and date one day before then rotate the hands until the current day and date has been reached.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the responses...

"Yamahaki" that is how I always set all my watch day/date or just date but the problem with this time is I did the setting at around 11:00pm which is between the 9:00pm and 3:00am that I was not supposed to do the setting of the day/date per the instructions. I hope I did not ruin the movement as this is a chinesse movement.

Also "Yamahaki", how long have you had this watch for? What is your impression on it for the money? any reliability concerns?

Lastly, I do not know if this is because the day wheel is engaged as "muxinick" mentioned. But since the day changed to the correct day (Wednesday) that if I turn the top of the watch (not the crystal) toward the floor and slightly tap the bottom of the watch that the day marker will move slightly forward (not to Thursday but instead of being dead on the letters "WED" the day marker will move to the top portion of the "WED" letters) and if I then hold the watch the correct way and slightly tap the top of the watch (not the crystal but the top portion of the watch) then the day marker will move back to being dead on the letters "WED"

Its like with a few light taps I can move the day marker from being dead on the "WED" letters to then being on the upper portion of the letters "WED"

Is this normal when the day wheel is engaged?

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
I think this is it on bracelet. I stand corrected. you should rotate the hands until they are around 8 oclock. I saw the failure only one time on a watch. both hands fell to the six position, but was a easy fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts